Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbie Introduction

Hi everyone.

I'm Jenn, 25 yrs old, full time mom, college student and work 2 part time jobs from home. I also take on odd jobs, like babysitting, pet sitting and house cleaning.

I've always had weight issues. Growing up I wasn't a big girl in any way, but I was never thin enough, never pretty enough. My dad would degrade me alot, telling me that all my friends were prettier or skinnier then I was. So I used to run 6 miles a day, do 300 crunches and 300 push ups a day. I had a 6 pack and my arms and legs were nothing but muscle. I became that girl that every guy wanted to be with, and every girl hated. But it still wasn't good enough for my dad to tell me that I was pretty, there was always someone better. So I became anorexic. I trained my body and mind to ignore the hunger pains and work out more instead. I would wake up 3 times a night and get on the floor and do crunches and push ups. I would have 1 snack size pack of pretzels and 1 can of Sprite a day, that was all the "food" I would eat a day and some days I would not eat completely. I would get sick many times and pass out while jogging or just taking a hot shower.

I went on like that for 3 yrs like that, till I found out I was pregnant in 2004, I knew that I could put my unborn child through that, but then I had to go on 6mnths of bed rest, because of major complication with my pregnancy. While on bed rest I gained almost 75lbs, after having my child I went through a devestating divorce and custody process, I lost custodial rights to my daughter. I became depressed, and ate away my sorrows. In 2005 I became pregnant with my son, and didn't gain any weight during that pregnancy, I was actually 5lbs less the day before I delivered my son then I was when I got pregnant.

My son is 3 yrs old and I'm still the same weight I was when I gave birth to him. There have been many times that I've lost 30-40lbs but then I go through something stressful or emotional and I gain in back...or sometimes I just give up because it's too much work. But this time I'm determined to lose weight, I've decided recently that I need to focus on myself, I need to do what makes me happy. I hope that I can find some support and tips through this forum.
Fabulously Thick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jenn and welcome to 3FC!

You have come to the best place for tips, advice, support and much more.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Hey girlie....glad to see you here!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote