Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #1  

Default Determined this time

I'm new (duh), but thought that actually POSTING may help keep me on track. My DH just left for yet another deployment and I've decided to make some changes in my life while he is away. A big one is weightloss.

As with so many others, depression has played a huge role in my getting to this size. But with age comes wisdom, and I'm finally managing my depression sensibly and feel fairly confident I will not allow it to derail my efforts.

I do have some insulin resistance issues so I know losing the weight will not be easy.

but I am determined.

I loathe cardio exercise, but do not mind strength training. Since I want this to be more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet, I am trying to find ways to work the cardio into real life. I homeschool my 2 children and we've been doing more "active" field trips this week (hiking, golfing etc). I have been strength training at night and that is working well. I figure if I can get outside and do 4-5 truly ACTIVE activities with the kids a week , that is a great starting point. Maybe the fitter I get the less I'll resist "traditional" workouts.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. So happy to have found what seems to be a truly awesome group of positive and encouraging people!

Jamie
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jamie and welcome to 3FC!

You could check out the Insulin Resistance forums here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #3  

Welcome aboard Jamie!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome Off to read the insulin R. forum. yay!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5' 11"

Like Jaime, I'm new too. My goals are a little different than most: I just want to shed those last few pounds or so. Any help or suggestions on dropping those last 9-10 pounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
weightlossxprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlossxprt View Post
Like Jaime, I'm new too. My goals are a little different than most: I just want to shed those last few pounds or so. Any help or suggestions on dropping those last 9-10 pounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Welcome to you too! I'm sure you'll find everything you need here and then some.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/155/115

Height: 5'6"

I'm not giving up either this time around. I am doing the same as you and choosing active things to do with my kids! Keep it up!
manokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome !! Keeping up with the kids is a great workout, not to mention the quality time you get to spend with them.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote