Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/243/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi Everyone, I HAVE TO DO THIS

Hi,

I'm new here. My name is Liz and I have been struggling with my weight for 20 years. I enjoyed 30 years of eating what I wanted, being fit and thinking I would never get fat WRONG!

I lost my dear husband in a farm accident Jan 08 and I just wish now that I could have lost weight when he was alive because I think it would have made him very happy. He was so good about it and very rarely made any comment about my weight or what i ate. Anyway regret is part of what is spurring me on, other than the fact of I HATE BEING FAT!! Duh....

I have been on and off to TOPS and WW for years. I'm going to WW now and for the last 3 weeks I have journaled and watched and been happy doing it. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks.

I ssooooo neeed to keep going... this about the time I soon give up, although I havent' done this well for years. I just haven't been a good dieter at all.

As for the LIFESTYLE change statement - to that i say of course, but it's still denying oneself and having to diet. I don't care how you say it!!!!!

Anyhoo, I'm here to get help and I really have to do this, help, help, help!!

Liz
Lizcar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your husband

I wish you the best of luck- my advice is to just take things slowly, small changes equal long lasting weight loss

And you don't have to be perfect- if you mess up- don't binge the rest of the day- just keep going!

Last edited by beerab; 06-24-2009 at 12:07 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

So sorry for your loss. Congratulations on improving your health. You have made a good start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Liz - I also have done the WW thing for 5 years, then joined TOPS last Sept. I am down 31# since then & enjoy the meetings and accountability.
WW was getting expensive - $17/week and now I pay $2/week.
I still pretty much follow my WW plan and journal everyday.

I am in the "turtle group" under ww groups & find these ladies very helpful and supportive - come join us.

Wishing you lots of success on your journey!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote