Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Current Weight: 215, Goal: 165

Height: 6'1"

Lightbulb Newbie needs support!!

Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old gal. I've been overweight nearly all my life, starting around the time my mother and father divorced (late childhood). About 6 years ago I dropped almost 50 lbs and got down to a nice goal weight of 160-165 -- I'm 6'1 (yes, tall for a girl!) so this was a great weight for me. I loved the way I looked and felt and now find myself in a place that I told myself back then I would NEVER be... FAT again! I currently weigh around 215. I don't eat until I'm bursting, but I definitely eat more than I should. I also have a hard time staying away from foods I love -- Pasta and other carbohydrates, and lately a lot of sugary snacks and candy. I've cut out soda, and have been going to the gym regularly for the last couple of months, but I've seen little or no improvement. Not that I should... I'm not eating well, and honestly am probably just canceling out any and all good I may be doing during my workouts!

I recently got a new job where I will be sitting roughly 95% of the day. This is also in an area near an abundance of fast food joints, and I find it all too hard to bring a lunch instead of enjoying a terribly fatty/cheap yummy meal just a block away.

I've come here to meet others who share in my difficulties, to find support, and to hopefully gain some strength to make better choices when it comes to the food I choose.

That's about it!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sunflwrseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! You've come to a great place for support! Just surf the forums and make yourself at home!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! We're glad you're here.

We had a poll a few years ago that showed a large number of successful losers had tried many times before they finally lost and became maintainers.

Now that you are in a groove with your new job. You will find a way. And we're here to help with that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

My best advice is to pack your food and take it to work with you. Rule number 1 - I must eat what I bring - no free food, no fast food.

I find logging my food in Fitday really helps me. It helps me realize how much I am eating, and knowing I have to log it, sometimes helps me make the better choice.

Glad you found us! Post often so we get to know you.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Current Weight: 215, Goal: 165

Height: 6'1"

Thank you!! ...All of you! I really appreciate knowing you're out there. Great advice too!
Sunflwrseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #6  
Brand New Chick

S/C/G: 320/320/165

Height: 5'10"

I sit alot too....both at work and at home!!!

I'm new here too....and tall as well. (not AS tall...but, still!!!)

Good luck on this journey!!
Melshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote