Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #1  

Talking Newbie

Hey I am a newbie. My name is Juliet, and I am from SLC, Utah. Been over weight for most of my life. I am 18 and since I am graduating from high school June 5th, I want to start a diet so I can feel awesome while my life is really starting. Yeah that's me LOL. BIG HP Fan so i will refer to it alot. Mainly web and graphics designer so forums are my buddies
strbrylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

You picked the PERFECT time to nip this in the bud! I'm 19 and just finished my freshmen year of college, and I have been overweight for most of my life too, except when I was a very young child. BUT.... I was OVERWEIGHT... it was when I went away to college that things spiraled out of control and I was eating nothing but terrible food and too much of it... and as a result, gained 35 pounds in just a few months and became (just barley) obese. College can be an easy time to put on a lot... you have an all-you-can-eat cafeteria, no parents to tell you not to eat anything... if you don't already have good eating habits instilled in you, it can spiral out of control... and FAST. If I hadn't woken up, I might be 30 pounds heavier by now. By tackling this during high school you are making one of the best decisions of your life! Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on your journey. I'm sure you'll love it here. There is wonderful support and supportive members that give simply fantastic advice.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I too put a large amount of weight on my freshman year of college. You picked a great time to get healthy; it is so easy not to be when getting into the "real world". Best of luck to you! Everyone here is just awesome and very supportive!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #4  
Out is Through

Welcome Juliet!

It's awesome that you're really focusing now, generally those who are just about to go away to college look forward to being able to eat (and drink!) whatever they want whenever they want. I didn't dorm personally, I stayed home and went to community college..but I stayed with my sister every now and again and the cafeteria there didn't really have that many healthy food options! Kudos to you for overcoming such a hard obstacle at such a "young" age, I wish I had the right mindset at 18. We're here for you every step of the way!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote