Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/289.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile The first day!!!

Today is the day that I decided to change my life. I am set and ready to tackle my weight that I have struggled with my whole life. I now feel that I can fully control my future. Any recommendations on how to stay on track would be appreciated.
tignlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #2  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Yay!! Welcome to a lighter future!

Let's see... well, I know hanging out here is definitely going to help, because you learn stuff and you read how people have succeeded or failed in various endeavors. And then you can even ask for help about specific things. Everyone here's really nice, and there's no reason not to feel bad about asking!
Have some goals! It doesn't matter how many you have or how big they are, you should just have them! Like for me right now, I want to lose 10 pounds before October 1st. But there's goals that're bigger and smaller, like maybe only eating half your food at a resturaunt, or starting to train for your first 5K.
Have some fun! If you make losing weight seem like a chore, then that's what it'll feel like, but if you find a sport you like playing, or an exercise that's fun, then it won't be so bad.
Stay positive! You'll mess up every now and then, but that's okay, just keep trying, because that's all you can do. Quitting definitely won't get you anywhere!

Just don't ever give up. It'll be hard, but that didn't stop a lot of people, and now they're a lot happier. You're not just losing weight, you're becoming healthier.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome to the forum!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291/289.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the advice spiritix. I do have my fist goal to lose 10 lbs by oct 7. I am looking forward to my lighter future as well. Also thank you for the welcome Misti in Seattle.
tignlex is offline   Reply With Quote