Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hello from IN!

Hello all! Well, I'm back. I found this wonderful site 2 years ago and although I loved it I managed to slip and fall back into habits that left me overweight and miserable.

During the last 2 years I have been up and down with my weight as well as my mood and after finally getting my head on straight--I'm ready to commit to getting fit!!! Not just physcially, but mentally too!

I look forward to getting to know you all as we make this journey to a healthier lifestyle together!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

welcome back cant wait to read about your success!!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome back!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: J- 198/196/163 B- 254/246/200

Hey there! I am from IN too. I have been yo-yo dieting most of my life. The best success I have had was on WW. I would lose and then you know how it is, slowly you go back to the old habits and well before you know it, you have gained it all back (and then some). I am 37 and just plain tired of being fat!
My daughter is almost 16 and we are sharing this ID. She asked me if I could start exercising with her and I told her we could do that and join this site for support, so here we are.
We are joining the May challenge to help us get motivated and we even posted a blog with our intros and starting pictures. Feel free to visit and read about us 3fatchicks. com/ diet-blogs / supachix (take out the spaces)

Looking forward to making new friends.
Good luck in your journey- Jodi
SupaChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Jodi ~ I'm fairly new to IN, originally from CA and moved her 2 yrs ago to get out of the rat race and be closer to hubby's family. We love it here! I think it's fantastic that you and your daughter are doing this together! What a wonderful way to bond and support each other! I'm 37 also, have 4 kiddos ranging from 2-8 who keep me busy but recently I've made the time to take care of myself and exercise!!

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #6  

Our starting weight is about the same, we are the same age and both from In. lol I think we have a lot in common!

I thought you had to have 25 posts to be able to use a signiture. Every time I try to post a ticker it says I don't have enough messages posted yet, but I see you only have 20 posts. How did you do that?

I used to be a member here several yrs back, but I forget how all this works.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Jodi! You will love it here. I was unable to see any pictures when I went to the your blog. Its wonderful that you and your daughter can share in this journey! I wish I could get my older daughter to commit with me, LOL

I am also from Indiana but am a bit older at 44. I have 4 kids, ranging in age from 7 to 26. Good luck to you!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #8  

Oooh, am I sensing an IndyChicks subgroup coming on? LOL Where abouts are you ladies? I'm in Central IN.

Jodi, I'm not sure how I have a signature with only 20 posts. I joined a couple of years ago and created it then, maybe that's why? Weird.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #9  
banned

Sorry but not close to Indy! Fort Wayne here.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #10  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

welcome TamiL
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #11  

Kokomo here. I wonder why you couldn't see the pics? Someone told me they couldn't get into my page, and that is because I forgot the s in 3fatchicks. So I typed the addy in I was able to get in and pics were there. I have the pics hosted from photobucket, maybe there was a problem with thier site or something.
Yes, it seems like we should have an Indy group- lol sure are a lot of us here.

I have been trying to get my daughter to lose weight for years, and she was never interested. She is finally ready. We did some dance dance revolution earlier for exercise. Both of us think walking is boring and we would both like to try jogging, but neither of us are brave enough to do it in public yet- lol

What kind of exercises are everyone doing?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #12  

Tami- I love your chubby/notaschubby/notchubbyatall
it made me smile :-)
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #13  
banned

LOL, thanks! I am a bit anti scale. I always think of myself as chubby, never fat! Or like mom used to say, we are fluffy!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaChix View Post
Tami- I love your chubby/notaschubby/notchubbyatall
it made me smile :-)
Me too!

Aw, it's a shame we don't all live closer! We could have organized a meet up or something!

Jodi ~ I should clarify, I could see the pics of you and your daughter on the intro page. Were there any other pages/pics that you have loaded? I really need to work on my blog when I get some time.

As far as exercise, I've been doing abs everyday, toning exercises for upper and lower body (alternating every other day) and 30 mins on the treadmill every night. I do not jog. I walk as fast as I can at a slight incline. I don't think jogging or running is anywhere in my near future. Haha! I am, however, going to be switching it up here now. I realized that I wasn't giving my muscles time to 'heal' after workouts so I'll be doing upper body one day, skip a day, do lower body the next, skip a day, back to upper body and so on. I'll be doing my abs along with my lower body work out. I think I'll still be doing cardio every night though (maybe take one day off a week) but I'll be doing treadmill every other day and a workout video of some kind on the other days.

Whew! Sorry I wrote a novel there!
Okay, well ladies, have a great day!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #15  
banned

I was finally able to see the pics using Firefox instead of Google Chrome. The 64 bit edition of Chrome just plain doesn't work well. I can totally relate to how you feel now. 3 months ago I was up to 190 and I'm a whole 5 foot 3. Now I'm back down into the mid 140's and I feel soooo much better! You can do this.

I am actually more excited for your daughter. She is a lovely girl. The fact that she is so young and willing to embark on this journey will be a life changer for her. I look forward to seeing the progress pics in the near future.
One day I'll get brave enough to post one. Although I always get upset when I see how hollow my cheeks have become and then I want to eat more, LOL

P.S. I don't exercise.....don't tell anyone, LOL

Tami

Last edited by TamiL; 05-01-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: forgot something