Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/142/130

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Smile Food Diary...

I am sure if this has been done before but as a calorie counter, the choices are limited. So I am hoping to get some menu/meal ideas from other calorie counters...

For Breakfast -
1 cup (2 servings) of Fiber One Cereal w/ 1 cup of skim Milk = 200 Cals (The reason I have 2 servings is because it gives me the full day's worth of fiber...)

For Lunch -
An Orange = 45 Cals (According to Calorie King)

For Dinner -
Pan Seared Trout (5 oz) with PAM and Mrs Dash = 269 Cal (CalKing)
2 Cups Broccoli = 62 Cals (CalKing)
1/2 Cup Cauliflower = 12 Cals (CalKing)

For Snack -
2 Cups of Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Corn Popcorn = 70 Cals

Exercise = jogging 1 mile = 151 Cals

So total intake = 658
Total out = 151

But this was a very good day. Sometimes I max out my 1200 Calories plus some.

So please...any ideas on new meal plans?
Michelle R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I'm not a calorie counter, but I have to say that an orange seems like not enough for lunch.

Any way to maybe add lean meats or a small amount of cheese and some crackers to that?

If it's strictly calories you're worried about, pre-packaged foods like Lean Cuisine could be an option. I think they have pretty decent calorie counts.

Here's a good thread about snacks 100 cals or less. If you're really concerned about snacks, perhaps some of the suggestions would make good meal additions?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169383
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Did I read that right? OMG your calories are low! I don't think that's even servicing your basal metabolic rate. I believe it might even be dangerous. Even 1200 calories is low, but would be far better for your body than the 500 you're taking in now. It might be worth your while to go onto a site like "The Daily Plate" which has a calculator that will tell you how many calories to consume each day to lose weight and stay healthy (eating 500-1200 calories a day for the rest of your life is unrealistic, you have to have room to move, literally!). At the very least I would beef up your lunch, maybe add some protein and perhaps another high-fibre carb. I don't know how you do it, I'm sure I would be ready to eat my own arm at the end of the day!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Michelle, welcome! Oh my, you remind me of me years ago when I didn't realize that taking in too few calories would slow my metabolism and end up causing me to gain back the weight I took off and then some. And trust me, that is what will happen. 1200 calories should be the rock bottom that you are willing to go as far as calorie intake. 658 probably couldn't even sustain your body if you were lying perfectly still 24/7. And then you exercised away 151 calories of that. What will happen is that your metabolism will detect that you are in a famine situation and it will slow to such a point to conserve fuel (because it has no idea of how long the "famine" will last) that it will be completely inefficient. You'll then hit a plateau that you wont be able to come out of. However, the good news is that it's easily prevented! All you have to do is take in a sufficient number of calories, which varies person to person, but as I said, it should never go below 1200 calories. Closer to 1500 is probably more the ideal number. So add your orange to breakfast and then have a real lunch to go with your other good meals and add some healthy snacks in between. Then you will be on a strong path to losing weight and keeping it off for good! Get those calories in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-17-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #5  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 272/ticker/142

Height: 5'8

A food journal is a great idea! That helped me to lose a lot when I first started losing years back, in fact I am trying to get back in that habit.

I agree that you probably want to stay around at least 1200 calories a day.

Yogurt is another great snack! Most low fat ones are around 100-120 calories. Yo crunch light is a great one if you need to eat something sweet.
Tryingtostayskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/142/130

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Thank you all for the great advice

I am usually clocking 1200 Cals but for that day that's what I consumed because I woke up at noon...lol

I will visit the daily plate...
Michelle R is offline   Reply With Quote