Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #1  

Default Out of Control

So I woke up today thinking that I will start my diet....just like every other day for the past flipping 4 months...and did I? Nope, because by the end of the day I was thinking to myself just one more day won't hurt me, and I was craving that food, so I ate about a half a cake. Yes, a half a cake. I am to the point of being so out of control with my eating habits that it is starting to scare me. I am disgusted with myself.

In college, I had close friends around me and we would work on staying healthy together. I am now in a new town without any true friends and feel like I am drowning. I can not stop eating. I can not stop feeling sorry for myself and its getting to be pathetic.

I know that I can not do this by myself anymore, I know that if I don't do something soon I am going to be a health disaster waiting to happen.
otocntrl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

You've made a great decision to join this site. It is a huge motivational tool and I really mean that. It's really hard to say to yourself "I'm overweight, I'm unhealthy and I HAVE to change". Believe me, I know. I am still trying to get my weight to where I want it and there are times when I think about how hard it is and if it's worth it, but all it takes is walking past a shop window and catching my reflection and being actually kind of happy to see a difference from just a few months ago to remind me that I look better, so I feel better, therefore... I am better.

You are strong enough to look at your life and see that changes need to be made. You can do this. Congratulations and welcome.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

While nothing can replace a good supportive friend ... we're a pretty good substitute. Come here often. 24/7 there's encouragement and hope for you here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Default I know exactly what you mean

I totally understand where you're coming from and I'm there right now, day after day, trying to find the motivation to begin and never succeeding.
But you posting here and sounding so familiar has finally made me brave enough to post/join as well.
So good for you for joining, realizing you need a change and seeking out the support to do it. We can't ever succeed if we stop trying.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/162/140

It's great that you have joined, it is always better to do things with other people...and support is always a plus.

I actually like what Tony Horton says:
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Once you have made up your mind and you can feel it in your bones and in your soul...commit to making a change and everything will fall into place.

I just started on this site as well...can't wait to hear your success story!
chick on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Let me ask you a question: Can you get through a single day of healthy eating, including 3 portion-controlled meals and 3 snacks...just for ONE day? Not a big long diet, not days and weeks and months, but just one whole day? Can you do it if you really try? I'm asking because that's how I had to train my body to get used to the idea of healthy eating. I so dreaded the idea of being on a "diet" and all the willpower and effort and what I felt at the time was deprivation that it would take, that I just made a deal with myself for one day, and I meant it--it was only for one day. I told myself that tomorrow, I might not be able to do it again, but then again, I might, and if I could, I'd make the deal again...for one day. Luckily for me, one day at a time turned into weeks and it all got a lot easier. See, if you can make a deal, an honest deal to JUST do it for one day, you've accomplished something...you have something to be proud of...and you will prove to yourself that it can be done! Try it! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-08-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #7  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

We are here to support you. Be sure to check out our Chicks in Control forum. The good news is: you possess the power to change your life.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome! This is a great place to get lots of support.

Getting started on a healthier lifestyle can be very difficult. A lot of folks are tempted to attempt too drastic a change all at once and that can end up boomeranging.

The best way I've found to improve my habits is to start very small and build on those successes. Maybe for the first few weeks focus on drinking more fluids and taking supplements regularly. Then maybe switch to all whole grain products, instead of white. Can you add a little regular exercise? Whatever steps work for you -- they don't have to be directly related to cutting back calories at first.

You may find that you have an easier time when you get around to calorie restriction if you prepare yourself mentally and physically first with other healthy habits. And take care to choose a plan that doesn't leave you famished at the end of the day.

Good luck and welcome!

Last edited by yoyoma; 04-09-2009 at 09:14 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome!

Your story is quite familiar to me, as it is also my own. This is not a battle that can (or should) be fought alone so please be sure to interact with others either online or in your community.

The most important thing is to know you are wonderful, you are loved and you deserve health and happiness. The only reason we talk ourselves out of healthy eating is because we forget those key points.

You can do this!
NicoleDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #10  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome! Its tough controlling our hunger..and always my mindset flip-flops and never able last a day. Take one day at a time...Wishing you best of luck with your efforts.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #11  

Hello and welcome
I also struggle with binge eating disorder.I can get better.i was at a point of bingeing every day and now i slip every week or two.Yea!I can tell you that this site has helped me so much.It truly is one minute at a time.If you mess up, dont wait to start over tomorrow .Start immediately.That was a step in the right direction for me.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote