Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #1  

Unhappy Searching 4 Weight Loss Forums 4 Slender

Hello ppl, I am currently in another weight loss forum site and I am wondering if anyone knows where a good site is for ppl who are on the more "slender" side of losing weight? As I have not found the same amount of support for someone of my size compared to ppl whom are at a "larger" weight and want to lose weight.

Maybe you or someone you know of is in one. Plz let me know, Thankz.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Well, we have the featherweights here on 3FC. How slender are we talkin'????
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

Thank You, the featherweights looks like a place just for me. Now I am wondering whether there is just a forum for featherweights.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

RunningGirl, welcome! Are you trying to find a site outside of this site? Because we have a Featherweights sub-forum and Maintainers forum here, but if you are looking for a different website that contains weight loss advice only for very slender girls, I don't know of any. I'm pretty sure that, here, we would not encourage you to reach your goal weight of 130 at 6 feet tall because that would be considered underweight on the BMI chart (137 is the lowest "normal weight" number for your height). Is that the kind of forum/website you are looking for?
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #5  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise & more! I'm glad you're here!

Yeah, check out our Featherweights. We also have Challenge threads in Chicks up for a CHallenge and lots of exercise threads.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
RunningGirl, welcome! Are you trying to find a site outside of this site? Because we have a Featherweights sub-forum and Maintainers forum here, but if you are looking for a different website that contains weight loss advice only for very slender girls, I don't know of any. I'm pretty sure that, here, we would not encourage you to reach your goal weight of 130 at 6 feet tall because that would be considered underweight on the BMI chart (137 is the lowest "normal weight" number for your height). Is that the kind of forum/website you are looking for?
Thanks for the concern Jacqui_D, but I have checked out the "safe" factors of it all. I have some understanding of the BMI, I have also been told that it is a bunch of GobleDee Gook. And I never was under weight at that size b4, nor did my Doctor's have any problems with it. Ohhh dear explaining it yet again to another individual. I am smaller boned, small framed, and I AM over weight at this current size, 150 lbs. AND I did Not say VERY slender girls, I said I am looking for support for someone that is of a more slender weight. Perhaps I didn't state that well enough, if so I apologize.

Take Care
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

RunningGirl, I see you have found Featherweights and that is the right place for you.

I agree with you about the BMI not being perfect. In the average person it may give an accurate range, but many athletes with a low bodyfat are considered obese by that same scale.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

RunningGirl, I apologize if I offended you. That was certainly not my intention. I am glad you are here. I was just trying to understand exactly what you were looking for if the Featherweights forum wasn't quite it. I wasn't sure if you were asking about another possible website or not. Also, when I used the term "very" in front of "slender," please keep in mind that for most of us here who have lots of weight to lose, the weight you are talking about getting down to is "very slender." In any event, I did not mean to offend you. I hope you will stick around and that you will be able to find the support you're looking for in the featherweights forum.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote