Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/195/140

Height: 5.5

Default Hello! Fat in Canada, but ever hopeful of overcoming my issues!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on a site like this. I'm new to the world of blogs and posts and chat rooms, but old to the world of diets, fat and weight struggles .

I have been on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet for about a year. Well, on and off it, as most diets go! I found it was brilliant for explaining the bizarre cravings I've had since I was nine years old (and learned to bake for myself.) However, it's a real struggle to keep on it, and I find my progress painfully slow. I have one good week, then one bad week, and so on. Lately I've been looking for new options, like finding a new doctor who doesn't look vague when you ask about cravings and hormones and stuff. We'll see! I also have read a lot on carbohydrate and sugar addiction in the past year or so, and it's fascinating. I'm beginning to understand how much my food problems have robbed me of over the years. But ultimately, I'm hopeful that I can overcome all this stuff and get healthy and fit, and lose that pesky last 50 pounds.

I've read lots of stuff on this awesome site for a while, and decided to join in properly.

Thanks for reading!
fat fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #2  
domestic diva, no ironing

S/C/G: 276/268/150

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I am new to this stuff too. But this site looks different, and I love hearing about other people's problems and not feeling alone. It's refreshing to see a site that doesn't just tell you to starve yourself or throw up your food.

Welcome!
newlyfatnewlywed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey there from NC! Looks as if you done well with your loss so far. Keep up the good work. As for this site, there is so much to read and learn. And the support is unbelieveable to me. Good luck on continuing with your loss.

Last edited by CarolinaGirl; 02-09-2009 at 12:27 PM.
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #4  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat fairy View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on a site like this. I'm new to the world of blogs and posts and chat rooms, but old to the world of diets, fat and weight struggles .
from another Canadian. It sounds like you are researching what will work for you. A good place to go is the success stories where people share what worked for them. I was helped by veterans of the forums who shared what did or did not work for them.
I tried CA and since I was prone to binge I found it was not a good fit. in your search and I am sure you will reach your goals.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180 / 169 / 150

Hi and welcome. I am like you, very sensitive to carbs. I lost 103 pounds on Atkins 4 years ago amd managed to put 30 back on getting comfotable in a relationship. So here I am again as well. I am doing Atkins again and it seems to be the only thing that is easy for me to follow. I am not hungry and don't really count calories, just carbs. Woorks for me. Good luck .

Tanya
tanyaskees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on eating plans, age, exercise and more. I'm glad you're here!!

Congrats on your loss so far!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/195/140

Height: 5.5

Thank you all! I already feel better, with such a warm welcome. And your collective advice is great, I'll check out this site a lot, I can tell.

Fellow Canadian CIE, your pictures are amazing! You look fabulous!
fat fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #8  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat fairy View Post
Thank you all! I already feel better, with such a warm welcome. And your collective advice is great, I'll check out this site a lot, I can tell.

Fellow Canadian CIE, your pictures are amazing! You look fabulous!
for the compliment. I look forward to seeing you around the board.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote