Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #1  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Talking Self Excavation in Progress

Hiya,

I'm a 40 yo married mother of a 15 & 9 yo, both of whom I homeschool. I own a tax preparation biz, am a writer and am also graduating this year with a B.A. Honors in Anthropology/Archaeology. Neeless to say, the stress and mayhem of everyday life juggling is keeping me on the heafty side. There is the phrase "Fat flatulant and forty". I can't do anything about being 40, can do some things about flatulance, but the FAT is something I can conquer! lol

I've flown up and down the scale so much I have accrued enough miles for a free trip to Bangkok! lol This past Summer I lost 20 lbs while working at an archy site in South America and then turned around and gained it right back. Sigh. I have come to realize that whenever I leave home I lose weight - it's the stress that is my weakness. If I can overcome that, I know I can keep on track! I already am very organized and compartmentalized with all my 'lives'. However, with 2 boys and a 'youthful' 40 yo husband, chaos is about me all the time. The chaos is not going anywhere (and I appreciate that since I know someday my chicks will fly the nest!), so I need to figure out a plan.

That's why I'm here. My husband is a very supportive guy, but I need the support of a group. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I belonged to a great board but it unfortunately fizzled out. I am hoping to get support and help here and also give support and help to those who need it.

I am currently 5' nothing and 190 (that hurts to write). My goal is 135. I love to cook from scratch healthfully (we don't eat fast or junk food) and I have a gym membership that I enjoy very much but of which I need to make more use! So, I have the tools - just need to learn how to better use them!

Ok, that's my intro. and I'm off to peruse the board!

Peace!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #2  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I'm new too but I just wanted to say hello fellow archaeology nerd! I'm also an archaeologist so let me know if you ever feel like talking shop! I graduated awhile back and am taking time off to travel and work before starting my masters program. I miss talking about codices and death amphorae and all that good stuff.
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #3  
Excavation in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon safari View Post
Hey, I'm new too but I just wanted to say hello fellow archaeology nerd! I'm also an archaeologist so let me know if you ever feel like talking shop! I graduated awhile back and am taking time off to travel and work before starting my masters program. I miss talking about codices and death amphorae and all that good stuff.
How cool - I knew I came to the right forum! I'm so happy to meet you and will be so happy to chat with you as I can't get enough of the stuff! I'm taking a year off after graduating this year to do the same as well as study for the GREs and write a plausable thesis proposal.

Man, I NEED to take this weight off so that I can get down and dirty (literally). Last Summer wasn't a problem in S. Amer., but I know things will be easier when I'm lighter.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/240/155

Height: 5'8.5

Welcome! Thats so cool that you are both archaeologists! If you need any tips, pointers, or advice feel free to talk to me!! Good luck!
Just Jezzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  
Excavation in Progress

Thanks! What's your area of expertise Jezzle? I'm always looking for ideas - Healthy cooking is my thing.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome!! I love your enthusiasm! My, you're a busy lady! Check out the 40 something forum for support from other busy moms. I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote