Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/218/smaller!

Height: 5.1

Default First day of diet - friends needed!!

I'm probably doing this wrong - should I start a new thread? I thought I would try a forum as I just cant talk to anyone face to face about my weight issues - terrible I know! I thought a forum might be ideal support.
I have thrown my scales away and gone and weighed myself at the chemist this morning, on past failed attempts I have found myself stupidly weighing myself after each meal etc so thought this was a positive step. I didn't think I would be able to get on the scales in a packed Boots but I did and was quite proud of myself. Again on passed failed attempts I exist on next to nothing for a three days then give in, so I feel I have down well today with homemade soup for lunch, lots of fruit,a brisk walk (in the snow!) and 20 minutes of an exercise video after work. Desperate to make it work this time! I would be so grateful for any help and support people could give and am more than happy to do what I can to support others.
shashasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/301/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi and good luck on your journey. I'm new to the boards and starting my new life today as well... it sounds like you've made a good start... keep up the good work!
JennyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

to 3FC

I hope you have a PLAN. Journling can be very helpful, write down what you eat and what you do for activity. if you have not picked a plan, start with a little calorie counting. It took me 10 days to bring my calories back into check BTW. It was hard, I did not beat myself up for eating what was available but it did open my eyes to hw badly I have been fueling my body and moods

Don't forget that 1 blip is NOT the end of the raod or the day AND keep posting, find your nich here on the boards for friends and what ever plan looks the best for you.
-L

Last edited by L144S; 01-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/241/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!!
homeschoolmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #5  
My1littleK

S/C/G: 218/204/190

Height: 5'6"

Hello, I just started this today too, I've found in the past that no plan is the best plan for me. I can not do the calorie counting or set specific time exercising, I tend to overdo it for a week and then give up altogether. I saw a nutritionist which told me to eat low fat yogurt, the south beach bars for a snack, pop corn as it's whole grain, whole wheat crackers for snacks and try to eat less white flouer and sugars..which helped me lose a few lbs but not a whole lot. My biggest problem is portion control as I eat very very healthy otherwise. When I'm home I just eat non stop, like I have to chew on something, and sugars is all I crave...especially at night.
Being European does NOT help. Even though I'm a size 14/16...not too terrible I weigh more than anyone I know, even my own mother. Whenever I go to parties where the biggest person is a size 2 I can feel the stares on me...it sucks that I'm only 25 too! Damn Europeans!
My1littleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #6  
My1littleK

S/C/G: 218/204/190

Height: 5'6"

BTW, the smartest posting I ever saw on dieting was: to find a weight that you and body are realistically and physically comfortable with. Just because 140 lbs is the healthiest weight it does not mean that it's the best weight for you. I lost 50 lbs and was down to 170 lbs and size 6...and I hated my life as I was starving, I also couldn't sleep and not feeling comfortable in my own skin. 190 lbs was MY ideal weight. I was a size 10 and felt that I could realistically keep it up and felt good overall!
My1littleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/222/165

Height: 5'9"

Default It's my first day too!

I'm so glad to have found someone else also on their first day. I don't really have anyone doing it with me this time so the support is greatly needed. Good luck to you (and me)!
ebby0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'1"

Good luck to you! It sounds like you've got a great start. Today is around 70 degrees for us here, albeit stale and a bit wet from all of the fog we've had. You've motivated me to get my butt out there and walk, even if it's just for a few minutes. The kids will be home from school soon, so when they arrive, we'll clip the leash on the dog and head out! If you can walk in the snow, I sure as heck can get out and walk, too!
Chicklets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #9  

Thanks so much, I would far rather walk in the cold than the heat - so well done you!! I'm sure we can all make this work.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Size 16/Size 16/Size 12

Height: 5'7"

Hi Shashasha ... I'm on day one too. I'm not following a definitive plan either, although that may change. You've had a good day on day one ... now repeat that just about every day this year and you can't go wrong . Well done for going out in that snow and ice ... i wasn't brave enough so am at home about to have a hot bath and a fruit tea mmmmmm (a zero calorie treat)

Its good you've thrown out the scales .... I still have mine but I don't weigh myself much or really care what they say. i think I'm around 14 stone, but the main things I go by are how I feel, look and how tight my waistband is! Having said that I will be missing out on the weekly motivation of the weigh in ... sorry Im rambling, really wanted to say well done on day one and welcome
JenJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #11  

Thanks JenJam, wow - of I only could repeat today every day for a year. thats a really good thought for me to go to sleep on. Thank you, it certainly sounds like you have the right attitude!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Size 16/Size 16/Size 12

Height: 5'7"

Good luck with today, you CAN do this
JenJam is offline   Reply With Quote