Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #1  

Default Ready to Change My Life!

Hello All,
I am new here. I have been lurking for a few days checking the place out. I really like the supportive atmosphere and tips!! I just turned the big 4-0 in November(where did my life go?!?!) and realized that I need to starting eating like I am a grown up instead of a child! I am a major carb-a-holic. I am not much into veggies like I should be. I have been watching it for a couple of months on my own and exercising but decided to find some like-minded people to hang with. I hope to find my niche here.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! Rumor has it that I had my big 4-0 this past year, too, but I demanded a recount and they found out I was really just 39!

I love my carbs, too. Yum! But I also am a big veggie lover. You might find just what you need in our Veggie Challenged forum. We'll have you eating all kinds of things before you know it.

Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #3  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hey welcome to the group! If your really in carbs I suggest trying low cal you still get to eat healthy carbs! it's been much easier for me then doing a low carb diet! because I love me some carbo's too! hehe..
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5"3

Hi:wave Good luck to you.
chrissy842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #5  

Fortunately I was able to get past my carb cravings when I first started. I have been watching it since about November right after my birthday. I have found that if you can go 3 days watching the sugary stuff you lose that craving. This was a hard birthday for me. It made my realize that I needed to make some changes. The sugary carbs I pretty much lived on before were not helping me to be healthy at all. I was diagnosed with low thyroid about a year ago too which didn't help. I am now on the meds and regulated. Thank you for the welcome everyone!!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Beemer -

We have a great 40-somethings forum, as well as forums by eating plan, amount to lose, etc. If you look around, you're sure to find at least one (and probably more) spot where you fit right in.

Stick around, keep posting, and keep going. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote