Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #1  
Newbie to being Healthy

S/C/G: 284/266/180

Height: 5'3

Smile My first time trying to get healthy!

Hello my name is Jessica and I'm a shop-a-holic....oops sorry wrong forum but that is another one of my truths.

A month ago I turned 25, I was a skinny child and by 13 started gaining weight. For the past 4 years I look the same, have not gained stuck at 270.

I've always been happy with myself, sure I would change a few things here and there but for the most part I like the person I am.

I just don't want to get to 30 and get bigger and not do anything about it. I've never tried losing the weight, so here I go.

I joined Curves today because all I know about working out is walking in the mall, running to the outlet, and carrying heavy shop bags.

So I have a few goals this 2009, to get healthier, be able to get into an airplane without making anyone unhappy, just to do something for myself instead of worrying about other people so much.

Will I fail, maybe but I promise you this I am going to give my 110% and I will try until I'm content.

Thank you all for the inspiration, finding this forum was God sent. Can't wait to get know all of you.

-Jessica
2009goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #2  
Ready to start my life

S/C/G: 320/320/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jessica,

Wow you sound like me. I love that your goal is 180lbs. I know the weight charts say I should be like 130-155lbs. for 5'7" but since I've been overweight since around 13 too I don't know what my body would look like at that weight now. I'm 34 and have gained more than you now and broke the horrible 300lbs. early of last year. I totally hear ya about wanting to get it off now before it's completely out of control...

I unlike you have tried losing weight and lost about a 100lbs. at one point but fell off the wagon and end up yo yoing which isn't healthy so I think you're better off. I like you think I'm a pretty good person and like myself except for this weight thing.

I'd love to be buddies. I feel that me "happening" on to this site was no fluke either. I'm just starting out too and maybe we could help each other.

By the way self admitted shopoholic too! LOL

Katie~
Butterflyinthemaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 AM   #3  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck~!

pst texas for the win!
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #4  
Newbie to being Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyinthemaking View Post
Hi Jessica,

Wow you sound like me. I love that your goal is 180lbs. I know the weight charts say I should be like 130-155lbs. for 5'7" but since I've been overweight since around 13 too I don't know what my body would look like at that weight now. I'm 34 and have gained more than you now and broke the horrible 300lbs. early of last year. I totally hear ya about wanting to get it off now before it's completely out of control...

I unlike you have tried losing weight and lost about a 100lbs. at one point but fell off the wagon and end up yo yoing which isn't healthy so I think you're better off. I like you think I'm a pretty good person and like myself except for this weight thing.

I'd love to be buddies. I feel that me "happening" on to this site was no fluke either. I'm just starting out too and maybe we could help each other.

By the way self admitted shopoholic too! LOL

Katie~

I would love to be able to be your buddy , take it day by day and help each other out when we need that little push.

All I know is that you losing 100 lbs. must have been so much work and you did it, and I am more than sure you will be able to do it again. 2009 is looking good so far.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 AM   #5  
Prince Lover

S/C/G: 240/232/139

Shopping is my favorite sport. Welcome!
AppleOnYa76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #6  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Welcome Aboard, Jessica. I am in the same weight area as you, but, I have lost the weight before (and have since found it). It is not rocket science. It just takes determination and perseverance. I am a calorie counter, that works for me. What are you going to do? I am just starting over, but this is the LAST time I am losing this weight. I am sick and tired of it all. I used to think that I was happy and content being heavy (and I am a good person), but when I lost the weight last time, I found out how much happier I was being healthy, thinner, and able to do ANYTHING that I wanted....and my confidence just soared! You will probably feel the same thing. One thing though, you might want to get help with your shopping addiction now. What happened to me was I HATED shopping before I lost the weight. When I lost the weight you could not keep me out of the mall!!! So, if you already have a problem...you are going to be a monster when you get skinny!

Hope to see you around the boards!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

ah shopping!! Wont that be one of the most fun things to do when you can wear nearly everything in the store!!! I think about that all the time! I dont intend on buying any new clothes until I meet my goal and that will be very hard but it will so be worth when I get there!
Its great that you have always been content with the person you are! I love when woman know they are beautiful regardless of their weight, but beautiful or not are we healthy? Thats the biggest reason for me to do this but man I cant wait to put on a cute pair of jeans and actually have a hour glass figure and not be popping over the top of them lol!
Good luck on your journy! P.S I am 25 to it will be great to not go threw all of our 30 as big girls wont it!?
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #8  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

welcome!
katiejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #9  
Newbie to being Healthy

Thank you all for the Welcome!!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #10  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

welcome -i just joined today as well! I've tried to lose weight once or twice but only lose about 35 lbs- this time I am ready! much like you I was happy beign a big gal- and quite honestly I still am! I dont mind being big and beautiful! I tihnk its' great if you can be big and beautiful- what I don't like is the thought of being morbidly obese and unhealthy! and one day suffering from diabetes, or a heart attack because of my current weight! I've been doing low cal for about 3 weeks now and LOVE IT and I've lsot 15 lbs and I'm outta the 300's!! it's much easier then low carb! it's not as restrictive! it's about portion control, and preparing things healthier.. check out sparkpeople.com or thedailyplate.com they are both great tools!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #11  
Newbie to being Healthy

update***

Joined Curves on 01-02 and had my first workout yesterday, also
started Alli and colorie counting.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #12  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!! I am new as well and finding that there are alot of really wonderful people here!!
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote