Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/205.5/165

Talking Here's to a New Life!

Hi Guys! So I'm Shannon, 22...and I'm GETTING MARRIED! Eek! That's so fun to say!

Just got proposed to on Christmas Eve to the most wonderful guy ever, my JG! There's only one thing standing in the way between me now and those wedding pics I want to be proud of, and it's that awful belly of mine!! Now I love food and I have never truly dieted due to the fact that when I hear the word diet, I think of such negative connotations. I think of being restricted from all the things I love to eat...I need help, motivation, buddys, the whole 9 yards!

I am ready to do this. I will take some pics tomorrow or the following day to journal my process and will post. I need tips and ideas of the best way to go about losing this excess weight!

With Love ~

Shannon

*Here's to a new me, a new year, a new life!

Last edited by BrideToBe; 01-01-2009 at 10:11 PM.
BrideToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #2  
My name is Michelle

S/C/G: 200/190/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your very recent engagement and welcome!
TheMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats and welcome!! Do you have a date set yet?
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Congratulations and welcome to you. Nix the word, "DIET" from your vocabulary. This will be a lifestyle change for you. You will eat foods more appropriate for your needs and get the activity your body is craving and needing. You will feel and look more fit.

On my own path, I have no foods out of possibility. I just work them into my daily intake. Everyone must discover their own best way though. Good luck.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/205.5/165

As for a date, we decided on September 19th. I think thats a date far enough away to reach my goal.

And I absolutely love the idea of getting rid of the word "diet" and going about this in a positive way. Thighs be Gone, is there anywhere I can read about what you have done because it sounds ideal for me. I hope I can acheive the weight loss you have, congrats on your journey so far!
BrideToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Shannon!

Have you seen our 20-somethings forum, or our Brides to Be thread? Both would be great places to hop in and get going. We also have groups by eating plan, amount to lose, and challenges.

So look around, find a spot, and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote