Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default new again.

well, i've had this account for a while but i never really got on it that much. but now i'm back and determined.

my names is Erica and i'm 17, 5'4", and 172 lbs. i'm moving in 6 months most likely to the US (i haven't been there in almost 5 years) and i'll be starting out my senior year at a new school and with no friends. i'm tired of being the bigger girl in my group of friends. i not only want to lose about 50 lbs to feel good about myself but also so i won't have any major health problems when i'm older. also, i'm playing basketball right now for my school and i've been have some knee problems. i really hope that as i lose weight the pain will go away in time for soccer season (my favorite sport to play ever).

i lose motivation so easily though. thats my only fault. i'll do good for a little bit, then get distracted and go back to my old ways. one of my best friends is a cross country runner and she has promised me that she'll run with me everyday that we don't have bball practice. we're going to be starting out with 2 miles and slowly work up to 6. i really hope with her help i can keep this up. i'm tired of being big, i just want to be comfortable in my own body and have no reason to doubt myself anymore.
est1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Sounds like you have the exercise piece figured out, have you thought about a plan for eating?

for starting while you are still young...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #3  

well, starting next week me, my mom, and my dad are going to be having baked chicken and brown rice for dinner. i'm trying to find healthier stuff in my house to eat for breakfeast and lunch or just stuff with fewer calories. it's kinda hard though b/c there are 7 ppl in my family and we all eat and do different things.

any help with the healthier foods (what i should buy, what i should make, and how to prepare it) would be great help! i love cooking for myself.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 AM   #4  

Sounds like you have a good motivation & a really great plan!!

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #5  

yes, i am very motivated to do this. i know my friends will help as best they can too. i went running today. ugh, i thought we would go to the track to run but nope, we stayed on base housing and ran up and down several hills. we ran about a mile, then walked about 4 more miles up and down hill. it was actually a beautifil walk and i hope by the time i leave this island i'll be able to run the whole way.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Erica!!

As for help with food choices - check out the accountability threads (here's an example - but there are more in different forums) and recipes for ideas.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote