Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/255/170

Height: 5'2"

Default Newbie.... Looking for a diet buddy or buddies : )

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin. I'm 24 years old and from Jacksonville,FL. I'm engaged to a great guy named Joe. I need to lose 100+ lbs, but I my immediate goal is just to lose 15-20 starting out and then go from there. I know if I focus on the whole 100 lbs I'm just gonna be discouraged and its not going to work. I'm in a bit of a unique situation now, int that my mobility is pretty much non-existent. I was in a car accident in late july and I injured my lower back and neck pretty seriously. I can still get around, but going to the gym is pretty much out. I can't stand up for longer then 30 minutes at a time with out being in serious amounts of pain. I do have Physical Therapy exercises, and I've been doing those a couple times a day. I'm hoping that between that and working on my eating habits I'll be able to shed some weight. I look forward to getting to know you all!!

Kristin
musicangel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kristin, I live in Jacksonville to. I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I have to work through some past injuries so I know how difficult it can be. What is your prognosis for healing? What part of Jax are you in? I'mon the FAR westside, near the OP.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #3  

Hi Willow!

Thanks for responding so quick : ). I actually live in Mandarin, but we'll be moving to Orange Park next spring, hopefully. As far as my prognosis, I honestly have no idea. They keep telling me that I should be as good as new soon, but so far nothing they've done has worked. I'm supposed to be seeing a Neurosurgeon for a consult soon to see if surgery is an option for me. I see you have Yahoo Messenger too....would it be ok if I add you to my buddy list so we can chat?

Kristin
Old 12-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #4  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

Smile Welcome!

Hi! I'm new here myself! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, does it look like the physical therapy will get you back to where you were in time? I think you got the right idea with starting out with mini goals! By the time you lose that weight you will look and feel better and should be plenty motivated to keep it up! Good luck!!
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicangel24 View Post
Hi Willow!

Thanks for responding so quick : ). I actually live in Mandarin, but we'll be moving to Orange Park next spring, hopefully. As far as my prognosis, I honestly have no idea. They keep telling me that I should be as good as new soon, but so far nothing they've done has worked. I'm supposed to be seeing a Neurosurgeon for a consult soon to see if surgery is an option for me. I see you have Yahoo Messenger too....would it be ok if I add you to my buddy list so we can chat?

Kristin
aw, just across the bridge..lol Sure you can add me
Do they think your pain is bone, nerve or muscle? I know soft tissue damage is so head to diagnose. Can you see a Chiropractor? Mine was a life saver after an accident I had several years ago.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #6  

Hi Hellsangel and Willow,

Hellsangel- I actually was in Physical Therapy for the last 4 months. It helped a little bit, but now I'm kind of stuck. I'm not getting any better and I actually seem to be getting worse in some ways. I'm having a lot of issues with my arms and my legs. I'm supposed to be seeing a Neurosurgeon soon to see if I need surgery.

Willow- I tried adding you to my Yahoo Messenger, but everytime I do it comes up that my request is being denied. Do you want to try adding me to your buddy list ? PM me and I'll give you my screen name.

Kristin
Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #7  

Lol nevermind Willow......I added you
Sorry for the mix-up : )

Last edited by musicangel24; 12-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #8  
~*one step at a time*~

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Hellsangel and Willow,

Hellsangel- I actually was in Physical Therapy for the last 4 months. It helped a little bit, but now I'm kind of stuck. I'm not getting any better and I actually seem to be getting worse in some ways. I'm having a lot of issues with my arms and my legs. I'm supposed to be seeing a Neurosurgeon soon to see if I need surgery.

Willow- I tried adding you to my Yahoo Messenger, but everytime I do it comes up that my request is being denied. Do you want to try adding me to your buddy list ? PM me and I'll give you my screen name.

Kristin
aww i'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sending you good vibes hoping they help!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #9  

Thank you Hellsangel : ). By the way, I like your screen name. I'm guessing you ride a motorcycle ? My fiance is looking to get one in the spring time. I must admit I've never ridden one, but I'm excited because it will be a lot easier to take the bike on day trips, and more cost effective gas-wise, then my car.
Where are you from ? Willow, this question is for you too......What do ya'll do for fun ? Right now, I'm currently unemployed.....so I spend my time surfing the web, knitting, take care of my kittens, and reading.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #10  

Quote:
Thank you Hellsangel : ). By the way, I like your screen name. I'm guessing you ride a motorcycle ? My fiance is looking to get one in the spring time. I must admit I've never ridden one, but I'm excited because it will be a lot easier to take the bike on day trips, and more cost effective gas-wise, then my car.
Where are you from ? Willow, this question is for you too......What do ya'll do for fun ? Right now, I'm currently unemployed.....so I spend my time surfing the web, knitting, take care of my kittens, and reading.
I have a motorcycle, been riding since Feb. I will have one for sale in a month or so

I dont do much, other surf the net..lol I stay home with my 5yrold son, my hubby is in the Navy but his is not on deployment at this time. I like to hang out at the mall or take my kid to the park, but i wont go by myself.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #11  
~*one step at a time*~

Your welcome, and thanks for the compliment! No I don't ride a bike though I have nothing against them I'm just sort of half angel/half devil lol. I never even thought of it being bikerish LOL. For fun, I surf the web, watch movies, hang out with my friends and my guy who I'm crazy about I'm the type that is fine either going out and living it up, or just kicking back and doing something mellow. I sympathize with being unemployed, the job market is so terrible right now! I was close to losing my job at UofM hospital in Michigan, due to medical issues and the way my doc worded the FMLA note. I just got it redone so I'm covered now but...scary!!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #12  

Yeah unemployment sucks.....but, I'm really limited as to what I can do for now. I'm on Dr's orders to only work 20-25 hours a week.
Thats part of the reason I got fired, actually. Kinda sucks cause now I'm really bored. I've been trying to find work I can do at home.....but there's so many scams out there. And I don't want to do the pyramid marketing/sales stuff. So, I'm pretty limited.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #13  
~*one step at a time*~

Yeah that's awful. Unfortunately I think some places don't appreciate good workers and just care about a body being there if that makes sense. I don't think my work wants my FMLA updated to allow more days, I'm sure, because then they can't do anything about it. I can call off 7 times a month if I want. (I wouldn't..unless I needed it but still) My performance reviews are excellent but you know, it's all about the bottom line. Everyone is replaceable. Have you thought about doing something like a medical transcriptionist or something? I know alot of them work from home.