Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #1  
jmwt

S/C/G: 242/199/140

Height: 5'7

Default First Post- New On the Site

My 20 year weight battle has really come to a head in these last 8 weeks. Make no mistake eating and weight have been an on going issue for me - but I quit smoking 8 weeks ago and the food flood gates BURST. I have gained 16 lbs putting me at 211 lbs. I suppose if I was say 6 ft 8 this would not be a problem but I am 5ft 7-8in......getting out of bed this morning was a major accomplishment. I am sad and just want to cry and hide and so unsure what to do or which way to go.. WEIGHT WATCHERS/ OA/ HIRE A CHEF/FOOD DELIVERY/BACK TO JENNY CRAIG/REHIRE THE TRAINER/GO TO FAT CAMP ?? My SOP is to throw money at problems- and it works for a little while- but jesus H- I am so over this- the eating, the weight, the depression, my propensity for being a shut in because I am to embarrassed to go in public because I am FAT - SO really I could go on all day- but I won't because believe or not I am dragging my fat a$$ to my pilates appointment and I feel like a total fraud.....
venusbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Venusbirth!

I want to say "Congratulations!" to you for choosing to quit smoking. It's better that you chose to quit smoking first, as it is the more immediate health risk. However, I know for a lot of ex-smokers that the smoking is replaced by eating. One vice for another. It's okay, though! You can move past this, too.

How have you quit smoking? Did you go cold turkey? Are you using a patch? Chewing sugar free gum?

If not the sugar free gum, I'm going to suggest incorporating it. Instead of eating when you aren't smoking, try popping a piece of gum in your mouth. Even if you say to yourself "I can get something to eat in 10 minutes... but first I have to chew this gum." You might find that you aren't hungry after 10 minutes, you just needed to get your mind off of the oral fixation.

You don't need to join a specific program in order to lose weight, but many find it helpful to have group support (like 3FC) in order to keep going. I'm a WW member, and it's the in-person support that keeps me going back. I know a few TOPS (Taking Off the Pounds Sensibly) members around 3FC, and that's a group support club as well.

Maybe you want to take a look at Diet Central for other programs. It's not about what we feel is best, however, it's all about what's going to work for you. You know yourself best.

Congratulations on going pilates! You are NOT a fraud. You are a human being, just like the rest of us, and you've made a healthy choice today to attend your pilates class. Go & enjoy it. Come back and tell us how you feel afterwards

Post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC! We're so glad you found us.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #4  
jmwt

thanks beth and fairie
Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey welcome to 3FC...
I joined here here yesterday .
Well I have battled with weight all thru my life too and i know how you feel . I would make changes in my diet and it would work for a while and booom am back at my old habits .
I think am lazy and lack commitment . I want to know if there is a cure for my attitude .
This is one more attempt to make a change and see how ling i can stick with it . I started the cookie diet 3 days ago and will weigh myself on sunday and see how much i have lost .
Lazygirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #6  
jmwt

Lgirl29-
I with you- my attitude needs adjusting and for me - doing what is easy- not what I know is right or good for me- so I am a lazy girl too....and I had to go shopping today (really had to go my clothes are all slightly to small now) and I just want to DIE seriously die.....