Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default New year, new outlook!

Hi everyone, Im Jersey. Im 25 years old from(you guessed it ) NJ, and currently living in SI NY.

I have been lurking this forum for quite some time and decided to finally sign up!!!!

So about me...

I am not overweight. I have never been overweight, but since I can remember I have never been happy with my body.I am well aware that it is going to take much more then just sticking to eating healthy to change how I feel, but I realized the other day I really need to snap out of constantly obsessing about my body because that is no way to live.Sometimes I dwell so much on how unhappy I am with parts of my body that I cant appreciate anything about it that my boyfriend constantly tells me he loves.

I pretty much came to the conclusion that I really have to change my whole life around.Im tired. Im always tired.I work in manhattan and my work schedule not only leaves me no time, but no energy to work out.So my job has got to go.I also realized how much soda and coffee I consume on a daily basis, and its probably enough to fly a plane.

My boyfriend is about 6'2 and weighs the same as me.I admit, it bothers me sometimes, although I have to keep telling myself that he is very skinny for his height. He has a metabolism that I would pay thousands for. I find that I will just eat what he eats, always forgetting, I have a horribly slow metabolism (thanks mom). Well, I am no longer going to just eat whatever he eats.

My goal is too lose about 25 lbs by the time the warm weather rolls back around.I have been a strict veggetarian for about 8 years and have slowly been trying to go vegan. Also, another wish of mine is that my boobs might shrink a bit as well.I am about a 34DD and would love it even if they shrunk one cup size

For me, 2009 is going to be a good year. A fresh start. A new plan on being healthy,a new job, a new life!!!!!

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 12-08-2008 at 09:18 AM.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

I don't know how many times, this morning, I've read about someone lurking for a while before they join. Oh come on in! Join, post. It's a lot more fun isn't it Jersey?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Yea its much more motivating to interact with others
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jerseygirl!

I'm glad you decided to join! This will be a great place for you to find the motivation, ideas, or whatever it is you need to get where you want to be!

Check out the Chicks up for a challenge thread.....there are lots of little challenges you can be a part of that will make losing the weight fun!

I'm in the "Losing my bowl full of Jelly - Christmas challenge" I organize the mini challenges for Enygirl's bigger challenges.....

We are gearing up for a big 2009 challenge......Enygirl will be posting a sign up thread soon....keep your eyes open!

Good luck!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote