Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/202/140

Height: 5'0"

Default So much to do, don't know where to start

Hello!

I'm one of the MANY people who want to start over and try to find the right path in losing weight.

A LOT has been going on in my life and I'm sure no one wants to hear all the details, but as a result of all the stress, my weight has ballooned to its highest ever. 196 pounds on a little 5 foot frame. I wear a size 18 and now those are starting to get tight at the waist. And I have to admit, taking those tight jeans off and putting on sweatpants feels sooo good. And that's BAAAAD.

OK, so here is the deal.....I'm one of those "all talk and no do" type of people. And what stops me from actually DOING what I say? Laziness. I always think, "tomorrow...I'll do it tomorrow."

Here are the goals I want to do:

1) Join the local parks and rec center and join a nutritional/weight loss class. It's cheap and it will show me the steps I need to take in order to be healthy.

2) Join the local hiking club. I was once involved with the club pretty heavily 3+ years ago and my butt was ACTIVE! Every weekend, I was outside. I think the main reason I left was that the activities I participated in, I ran into the same people over and over again and I didn't push my self to the next level.

3) I'm a HUGE emotional eater. I'm talking eat til it hurts sort of stuff. And what gets to me is that I KNOW its not healthy, but yet I still do it. SO how the heck do I get that out of my habits? Suggestions?

If you go through my food pantry, There are a lot of healthy choices. My mom even went through it one day and said, "Geez, there's no sugar in this place." I know! No fatty stuff. But what makes me so fat? I eat in mass quantities......mass quantities of the supposed "healthy" stuff. I guess you can say that its too much of a good thing can kill you, right?

So anyway, this is my story. And I'm hoping that this site will help me along the way. I hope I meet some really nice people who know what the heck I'm talkin' about and I hope to help people in return.

Thanks and I look forward to becoming part of this community.
jenjen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

So, when are you doing #1?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/202/140

Height: 5'0"

Heres the thing.....the class doesnt start until January. SO what do I do until then? I'm kinda stuck.
jenjen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #4  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hey I'm pretty much in the same boat as you height/weight wise! If you want to chat feel free to send me a message sometime! Welcome to 3FC
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!

No one is stuck. There are always things that you can do...and it does not have to be all at once. Even just starting by walking everyday for at least 30 minutes will help -- I started by doing laps at the mall when the weather was awful and hiking every weekend. It will do two things...get you moving and help work off stress -- thereby helping with the binge eating.

Start being accountable for EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. If you do not want to start by actually calories counting (...or similar) immediately, at least make yourself write down everything you eat for a couple of weeks...and I mean everything. Bites, snacks, sips of cocoa...everything. You can begin to actually SEE a pattern and be proactive about it...instead of using food to react to life.

Make sure you drink lots of water. Make sure you eat multiple PLANNED meals a day -- I generally do five. And make sure there is protein in EVERY meal...it will keep your blood sugar regulated and make you feel more full all the time so that you won't feel like you're suffering.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-22-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!! It is hard to take that first step but once you take it you will feel soooo much better. Since the class dosent start until January, do a lot of reading, I have googled just about everything that you can imagine.

The ladies here know a lot too and can help!! Congratulations!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote