Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/202/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Am I Ready?

Whew!

After reading so many posts, I've decided that I too need support! So I am here taking the plunge (& hopefully sucking out all the fat!) and introducing myself!

Hello everyone! So here goes a li'l bit about me...

Originally from the desert of Southern California, I now happily reside near the Central Coast of Cali (specifically, the "Salad Bowl", Salinas) with my boyfriend of 2 years, William. We have been in this area for about 8 months now and love it!

I'm 26, although by many BMI calcs, BMR totals, BMwhatever, I have been told that my "real" age is approx. 35! I don't know what 35 feels like, nor do I plan to dream it (heehee), but I sure do feel a lot older than I am!

In a nut shell this is me now: I am tired of feeling tired, I am tired of my body aching, I am tired of wearing the same 'comfy' clothes over and over, I am tired of my family jokingly (yet lovingly) call my big booty out, and most of all I am tired of DENIAL.

That being said, Am I Ready?
YES!!!!

I look forward to meeting new people and hopefully gaining and giving support!
hartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Welcome to 3fc. You have already taken the first and hardest step - the decision to make a positive change in your life and health.
This group will give you tremendous support as it has for me when I needed it. Any thoughts on what you are going to change first? Eating habits, excercise, drinking water...........
fattgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/202/140

thanks for the welcomings!

fattgirl-
well I have already begun to change my eating habits slightly. My boyfriend and I are working towards a more healthier eating lifestyle. We have started to do meal replacement shakes. I know, it isn't the best way to start, but we're trying it out because we both have a problem of over eating, and over spending. After an evening of grocery calculations, the best route for us now is the shakes and healthy dinners.

as far as any exercise, I have been doing some light aerobics at home and some yoga poses. we will be checking out a gym this weekend. e

of course I am totally opn to ideas!!
hartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartbeat View Post
We have started to do meal replacement shakes. I know, it isn't the best way to start, but we're trying it out because we both have a problem of over eating, and over spending. After an evening of grocery calculations, the best route for us now is the shakes and healthy dinners.
Don't worry... we've been there! I have a half-empty can of Slimfast in my pantry. I keep looking at it and thinking, "Should I try it again? Will it be my miracle?"
Whatever works for you. Sometimes we just need a good jumpstart. Best wishes to you and your boyfriend!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! I encourage you to re-word your question into a statement?
Am I ready?
Hang around at 3FC and you will be saying
I am READY!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote