Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/278/250

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb Howdy from Texas!!

Hi, all! Hope this message finds everyone happy and healthy. I'm new here, but I need some motivation, tips, and anything else that can help me be the person I know I am. I have always been 'chunky', but in the last four years, I've ballooned!! I feel self-conscious from the time I get up to the time I go to bed, even sometimes as I sleep, knowing that my husband has to lay by me. He does not belittle me or treat me bad. He just doesn't say anything. I know he and I know I need to lose weight, but it is soooooo hard!! I live by a city park, the track there is .8 mile and I can only walk 1 lap, and that makes me even more ashamed. I just need a push and some support, I am scared I may never be healthy enough to have children, something I've dreamed of since I met my husband eight years ago. I am scared I will die before my 40th birthday if I don't do something, NOW!! Well, that's all about me. Thanks for having this forum, hopefully it will help me along my journey.

LP
need2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

welcome! you have came to a great place to find inspiration, motivation, and advice. this is an amazing group of women sprinkled with a few men that will encourage you and be here for you through the highs and lows! once again, welcome and good luck! post as often as you want!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad you found us . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC!

Don't be ashamed at only being able to do one lap. That's more than some people can do! Just do it, girl. It'll get easier and you'll soon be able to go even further.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #5  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome! This is a fabulous place to find support, encouragement and information. I also have a long journey and I know that without the support and encouragement I find and can share here, I couldn't have made it as far as I have and have so much hope to go all the way.

Please, don't be ashamed of doing one lap. That is nearly a mile! A mile! Nearly a mile is good. So, you do one lap each day for a week. Then, one day, you push another quarter lap or so and you have walked a mile. Then, in a week or so, you push a little further and a little further and, before you know it... You are pounding out three miles without even thinking about it. Add in healthy food choices and you are on your way. Maybe you could encourage your husband to join you?
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote