Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/345/200

Height: 5'6

Default New Girl

Hi everyone,

I have just found this forum today, and have been looking around a bit. I have tons of weight to lose, and I hope that I can find some support and encouragement here.

My husband and I were both diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago, and this has forced us into a lifestyle change that we both wanted but were too lazy and depressed to really give a go at. I suspected that we were both diabetic, and we started to change our diet and exercise before officially diagnosed, and now we are both on medication. I have lost 40+ pounds so far. We do not have scales at home, so I only weigh when we are at the doctors office.

We had made some changes to our diet already, after I was diagnosed with cancer in September of 2006. A few weeks later I had a vulvectomy and developed a deep vein blood clot in my leg. I was on total bed rest for about 2 months, spending my days watching the Food Network and eating. I gained 65 pounds in about 6 months! My top weight was 385, and my goal right now is to get to 200, and then I will probably lower it some.

We have had to make drastic changes in our lifestyle due to the diabetes, and we are eating very low carb now, with most of our carbs coming from veggies. I also had to give up a love affair with Pepsi. By not eating sugar I was able to drop about 40 pounds in just a couple of months. I have a LONG way to go though.

Today I am feeling really depressed, and wondering if I will ever be able to make it to my goal. I have been obese since childhood, and have hid within this mass of fat to avoid painful emotional stuff. Well, its time that the fat go away!

I hope that I will find some new friends here.

Thanks for "listening".
LoraHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome - and congrats on your progress so far!

You can do it, you have no choice, really. The time will pass regardless, and you can spend that time continuing to make the choices you have been doing to lose the 45 pounds. You and your husband are doing the right thing.

Yes, the journey is long, and sometimes the end seems so far away, but if you think of it in small increments, you'll be there before you know it!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #3  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #4  
eat less, move more!

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, you have come to the right place!
The support here is almost overwhelming.
You will never feel alone as long as you read 3FC!
Billies Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You CAN do this! Really, you can. This site is wonderful for encouragement, wisdom and a good when you most need it!

I'm so glad you found us! Take it one day (or hour, or minute) at a time - and enjoy this journey - using 3FC for support
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 385/345/200

Height: 5'6

Thank you so much for the welcome and encouragement! I will be spending some more time today reading. I know there is a wealth of information here that I haven't found yet.
LoraHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #7  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lora, I know it sounds really discouraging right now, but with every little bit you lose, you will gain so much more faith, self esteem, self respect, and self confidence. We are all lucky to have this site. I have never seen a community come together so well in my life. The support is phenomenal. I hope this site helps you as much as it does me. You can do this! I look forward to hearing more from you and reading to you shrink right before my eyes...: )
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote