Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #1  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Smile Another newbie

Hi there... I just happened to come across this site in my search for others like me. I have been looking into joining OA, but haven't quite figured out how to get started.

A little about me...

About 2 years ago, I was injured during a training exercise for my job. Unfortunately, the injury has left me with a permanent back injury, to which I have had 4 surgeries. Unfortunately, I can't exercise and this has caused me to put on far more weight than I care to even think about, but am forced to see everyday. The stress of the life change has caused me to revert back to compulsive overeating.

Now, I weight 225 lbs and feel that I really need some help from others who have dealt with eating problems. Hopefully, I can gain some inspiration from others and in turn, help myself deal with these issues that I am struggling with.

I look forward to meeting you all...

Last edited by Monkeybean; 11-05-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Monkeybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #2  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Monkeybean and welcome to 3FC! I'm fairly new here myself but I do know that I love it here. There is a great deal of support and the combined knowledge of these people is insurmountable. There are forums by eating plans(weight watchers, calorie counters, weight loss surgery). you name it, you'll probably find it here. They have forums by age (20 something, 30 something), and a forum on dieting with obstacles(it sounds like your facing a huge obstacle). So look around and check things out. I hope you love it as much as I do. Now excuse me while I run off to ask questions...lol...look forward to seeing you around.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #3  
You can call me Chantili

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired by you View Post
Hi Monkeybean and welcome to 3FC! I'm fairly new here myself but I do know that I love it here. There is a great deal of support and the combined knowledge of these people is insurmountable. There are forums by eating plans(weight watchers, calorie counters, weight loss surgery). you name it, you'll probably find it here. They have forums by age (20 something, 30 something), and a forum on dieting with obstacles(it sounds like your facing a huge obstacle). So look around and check things out. I hope you love it as much as I do. Now excuse me while I run off to ask questions...lol...look forward to seeing you around.
Thanks so much for your warm welcome and help... I was just looking around at all the different forums, and can't wait to jump in!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/278.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi monkeybean!

Thanks so much for welcoming me; you were the first! And welcome to you, too. I see that you've had to struggle with a lot of health problems, and I am sorry to hear how serious they have been. Hopefully, the support on these boards will be just the kick in the pants that we both need. And I think "inspired by you"'s suggestion for the dieting obstacles board was a fine idea. There is so much we have to learn here! Best wishes!
schmalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #5  
You can call me Chantili

Thanks schmalger... After browsing for the past hour, I have come to the conclusion that this is going to be the best decision I have ever made...

We can do it!!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I just wanted to welcome you to the board!!!! We are all here for support and to cheer you on, good luck with your weight loss journey!!
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #7  
You can call me Chantili

Nicole28, thanks so much for your welcome. I am really excited to be here and can't wait to get going with my journey!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/278.4/160

Height: 5'8"

You're absolutely right monkeybean; this may very well be one of the best decisions we ever make in our lives. Obviously getting healty is a huge priority, and anything that will help us along the way has my seal of approval! I'm excited, too, and it's so nice to find other people excited about doing this!
schmalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #10  
A work in progress

S/C/G: 209 / 206.6/ 145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty new also!

I'm sorry that you were injured! Back injuries are the worst! So far in the few days I've been here everyone's been awesome and full of great ideas! Maybe someone will have a few good ideas for low impact, back friendly exercises?
PackersBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybean View Post
Nicole28, thanks so much for your welcome. I am really excited to be here and can't wait to get going with my journey!
No need to wait! Jump in NOW. New rule...we don't need to wait until tomorrow, or even "Saint Monday" anymore. Today is the day! Right now...this very second. Even if you just polished off an entire bag of Doritos 5 minutes ago...who cares, now is the time!! Your journey is now.

Seriously, I know what you meant...just teasing. We will be hearing from you soon!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-06-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote