Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 21st 1 1/2 ib start weight

Height: 5.5

Smile Hi new and petrified

Hi there, my Doctor has just prescribed me xenical after years of dieting and after having tried Reductil for nearly 12 months which didn't seem to agree with me. I am absolutely pretrified about starting the tablets cos of all the horror stories you hear. I will be starting on Sunday and just wondered if anybody could give me any advice to prepare myself. Thanks
Neenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello Neenee! Welcome to the website Glad you found it. It's really great here, having support from people who ACTUALLY understand about the struggles of weight gain and dieting.

I personally have never tried xenical, did you ask your doctor for information on this pill? Have you tried eating healthier, calorie counting, weight watchers or anything like this before turning to the diet pill? It seems weird that at only 133 pounds, your doctor would want you to resort to a diet pill.

Looking into the pill online, it sounds a lot liek Alli. I would look at the 3FC Alli post for some information. It does have the same side effects.

Here is the link I looked at:
http://health.yahoo.com/obesity-medi...-d04429a1.html
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

Okay.. I went and found 2 of the Alli diet forums for you

Hope these help!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...highlight=alli

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...highlight=alli
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

Oh, and here is one for Xenical, I would look through all 3! You can lost the weight!! We all believe in you

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hlight=xenical
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Um, your goal says 80 pounds? Is that a typo? I mean, at 5'5" you are already thin at 133 pounds. How can you possibly be aiming for 80 pounds? That is so far below healthy weight, I don't even know how to begin! What kind of doctor, who knows how low you are apparently aiming, would EVER give you a prescription for diet pills? I understand that body image is a difficult thing, it is for pretty much everyone on here, but honey, it sounds like you really need to be talking to somebody about how you feel about your body. I know, I don't know you, etc., etc., but if those numbers are accurate, your mental image of yourself is dangerously out of alignment from your actual physical appearance. I am sorry to come down so hard, but we strive on 3FC for healthy weight loss and healthy weight maintenance...I mean, I can see maybe toning it down five to ten pounds or so, but down to 80 is, quite literally, possibly going to kill you...shrink your brain, making you less intelligent and cause your body to actual EAT itself to survive. Ack!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I took a second look at that too and I think it's kilograms?!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Neenee!!

stay around here for a while
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Ah! Much better. I was pretty worried there for a minute. KG makes a lot more sense! OK, that being the case, I am still not the biggest fan of diet pills, but if you are taking them under a doctor's prescription then I would just be careful and see how it goes.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

, neenee! I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss efforts and hope this Xenical stuff works out for you.

FYI - yeah, the side effects to Xenical *do* look a lot like Alli, because to my understanding, Alli is just a watered down, non-prescription version of Xenical.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi there. I took Xenical 4 years ago by Rx and am currently taking Alli. I have had very good results with it. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. The biggest thing I can say is that Alli works beautifully in conjunction with balanced diet and exercise.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yes, Xenical was stronger than Alli. I find that I only need two pills a day with Alli though because my diet is pretty healthy. I do not take it with breakfast. When I first began I was taking three. As I cleaned up my diet and was able to move more (speed walking/running) I cut back. I am continuing to build muscle with resistance exercises and hope to decrease to one pill soon. My goal is wean myself completely by summer.

I am assuming the weights posted are incorrect or were posted as a joke.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 11-06-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 21st 1 1/2 ib start weight

Height: 5.5

Thanks for the advice everybody. Sorry for the confusion yes it was kgs not ibs I can understand the panic so once again sorry. Well I have been taking xenical for nearly a week now and have changed my diet dramatically and am checking the fat content in everything. I already feel much better in myself which is a positive thing. Having tried all the diets in the past weight watchers etc I really do hope that this works. Diet pills was a drastic measure for me but now I believe it is my last hope without making myself seriously ill as my weight continued to increase. I will keep you all informed of how things are going but for the moment I am extremely positive.
Neenee is offline   Reply With Quote