Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #1  
Mackenzie's Mommy

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default New Mommy needs help!

Hi everyone! I am a new mom of a 6 month old. I need some motivation and support in the worst way! I have been with my fiance for almost 3 years and when we first met i was in my best shape ever at 150 lbs, then over the next year i put on about 20lbs, Then i got pregnant and gained another 45 lbs during the pregnancy. I was about 220 when i had my daughter and lost 20lbs about a week after that....since then i have proceeded to gain weight and i cant control it! I am 210 now and i cannot find any clothes to fit me i still look 6 months pregnant and its making me super depressed! i use to be very well kept and i haeve let myself go and need to snap out of it, I feel like my fiance is losing interest in me as well......SO frustrating.... I really would like to get back down to 150-160 I know it can be done, I am just super stressed please if anyone has some motivational stories or anything i would love to hear them!
TINAFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Losing weight first starts with being happy with yourself and loving *YOU* on the inside. Try everyday to smile and laugh, LAUGHING is super helpful. It seems weird but it does! =) Plan 1 thing a week that YOU love. Just for you!

It's best to have 5 meals a day that way you need get to hungry because that leads to over eating.
Here is a couple ideas to help you ge started:
Breakfast:
Oatmeal and a piece of wheat toast w/ 2tsp. trans free margarine. -OR- Strawberry Banana Smoothie (In a blender process until smooth, 1 small banana, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup fat free milk, 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt, 2 tsp. honey, and 1 or 2 ice3 cubes. You can have your smoothie with 1 or 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. -OR- An egg on a piece of wheat toast with salsa (make 2 servings) ---If you are still hungry at breakfast have a small piece of fruit.
Lunch:
1 cup soup (water based not cream base) and a Cheese and Tomato Sandwich: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 slices reduced fat cheese, mustard and sliced tomato. -OR_ instead of the tomato sandwich 2 pieces whole wheat with 2 slices of Turkey and Mustard. -OR- A Lean Cuisine Frozen Meal (These are actually very tasty. The meat is delicious.
Dinner: 1 piece Chicken Breast with 2 side dishes: 1 cup steamed veggies, 1 sweet potato, 3/4 cup corn, 3/4 cup butternut squash, etc.
Dessert:
Light Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt:
3/4 cup with no more than 110 calories per 1/2 cup topped with tablespoon chocalate syrup.
Snacks:
Steamed Veggies, fruit, any nuts (these are great protein),
Another snack idea is Light and Fit 60 calorie yogurt cup with a 100 calorie granola bar.

Here is some basic ideas. Keeping a food journal is very helpful, check and see how many calories you eat day to day. If it is usually about 2000 take it down 200-300 calories. Every week take it down a little more until you are at your best calorie range. (I would not go below 1300)

Start trying new healthy recipes, there are milliosn online. Once you have new healthy favorites, it will be easier to eat foods that are better for you and lower in calorie.

Something that really helped me with my food addiction, is reading the book 'Skinny B****', I'm so thankful I read the book finally after hearing so many negative and positive views... I finally got it 2 months ago and haven't turned back! Look into it. Also The Fat Smash Diet is a great book, most libraries have it so check your local library instead of buying.

Good luck on your journey! I know you can do it. And on your new baby!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #3  
getting back on track!!

I've been there. After my baby was born last year i got stressed and depressed. I had to deal with a 5 year old and a new baby. I ended up doing a lot of stress eating. My son was 5 months old and the only pants I had that fit me were my maternity pants. I hated going out in public wearing them so I always wore really long tshirts so no one could tell. It's hard to get motivated when your so depressed so i just gave up. One day I went through some of my old pictures and found one of me after I had lost a ton of weight in 2000. I told myself that I've done it before and I can do it again. I got myself into gear and a few months later I was down to my prepregnacy weight. Now I'm working towards my 2000 weight. You can do this, you just have to really want it.
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  
Mackenzie's Mommy

Thanks so much for the Words of wisdom! every little bit helps! I will look for the books right now actually!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey Tinaffy - Read around this site. There are LOTS of success stories and helpful advise to get you on your way. Lots of ideas for eating and working out too! One day, one meal at a time!!! You can do it!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

My advice is start slow, and take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. With young children sometimes things don't go how you plan them. Make sure you build flexibility into your plan, buy convenient healthy foods. Incorporate your little one into your workouts - take walks, or put in a video during nap time. Do ten minute increments spread throughout the day, or do weight exercises during the commercial breaks.
It can be so exhausting having little kids, and then finding the motivation to workout. Just remember every little bit helps, and as your child gets older and more independent you can do longer/harder workouts. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. (something i have a hard time remembering)

I have two kids, after my first it took me about 2 years to get going and lose the 60lbs i lost. Then a few months after reaching my goal weight i had an ectopic, gained twenty pounds, got pregnant again and gained 50 and was right back where i started. It has been a rough road. My daughter is 1.5 and i've lost some of the weight, but still have 25 lbs left to go. What i do is workout on the elliptical at night after the kids go to bed, or do a video in the mornings. I eat loads of fruits and veggies, limit sugar, and drink tons of water. The weight is coming off so slowly, but i'll get there and you can too!

Congrats on the new baby too!
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #7  
Mackenzie's Mommy

I think for me its the fact that i have always been fairly healthy medically speaking and after having the baby i have had so many health and emotional issues and i feel like im going crazy.... i feel like i am using that as an excuse but at the same time i think i just cannot believe i have let myself get to this point...i want to blame anything but myself for it.....i think once i can grasp that fact then i will just realize i have to get up and do something about it.....
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

I can completely relate!
I got pregnant a year June 2007, then miscarried in September. I gained 12lbs during that time. Then, I went into a huge depression (obviously) and gained another 7lbs in a month! THEN, I found out I was pregnant again in November, and I gained 65lbs during my pregnancy. The day I came home from the hospital after having a c-section I was 270lbs. I couldnt believe it. I naturally lost 20lbs almost immediately after comming home. But then I stopped losing. So, the day my doctor okayed exercise again I just dove into it. I forced myself to go 5 days a week, and then very quickly I actually loved gym time! It was quiet me time and it was wonderful. I had time to read and listen to music and talk to adults. I also refused to allow myself to touch what I considered pregnancy craving food. I also read Skinny ***** which I love and I live by now.
I started all of this September 27th. My son was only 3 months old. It was only 5 weeks ago. Since that time I have lost 15lbs.
My best advice is dont let yourself make excuses. Dont let yourself say that you are too tired to go to the gym (although I kn0w that you really are!) and dont let yourself make an excuse to eat that bad food. Be hard on yourself. I decided that I have huge expectations for myself and Im not going to let myself down. Push yourself. Everyday I go to the gym I try to run on the treadmill. At first I could only run for literally 1 minute (sad, huh?), but last Wednesday I ran for 20! I was exhausted but I was smiling bigger than I have since my son was born.
Everyday I tell myself MY SON DESERVES THIS. Ive convinced myself that my weightloss isnt for me. Its so that my son will have an active, healthy, mother who will live long enough to meet her great grandchildren.
This sounds harsh, but just get off your bum and do it. I completely have faith in you and in me! We can do this hun!
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #9  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Hey! I'm a mom of a 1 year old and I, too, let myself go after having her. I thought I was working at not gaining weight, but gain weight is all I did! Now I'm on this site and every day I feel like I learn something new that has helped me out. I have only been here a few weeks, but already I feel healthier. I've lost just over a pound and I've lost an inch on my hips AND an inch on my waist! I started doing the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. With my baby, it's easy to do it first thing in the morning before she wakes up, or during her morning nap. It's only a 20 minute workout, and I have seen big results and I've only been doing it for 7 days! There is a thread all about it in the 20-somethings support section. I'd really strongly recommend that, it seems to work for many women, not just me.
I'm also counting my caloric intake. I'm not perfect at it, but I've learned through this site that all though I felt I was eating pretty good, the majority of the calories I was taking in were empty calories that just put on fat and are hard to burn off. I am now making a conscious effort to incorporate at least 1 healthy snack a day in replacement for an unhealthy one (graham crackers are now replaced with an apple with peanut butter, etc) and then next week I'll up that goal to 2 healthy snacks replacing 2 bad ones. You can't expect to go from over 200 pounds to 150 overnight - it all comes down to the little choices you make each day and that weight will come off.

You CAN do it, I believe in you, and everyone else here does too! It just takes the commitment and the strength to say "This is not working anymore, I am in control of my life and this is who I'm going to be." Good luck! I hope you find this site as supportive as I have!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #10  
Mackenzie's Mommy

I am so glad i am not crazy LOL thanks so much!