Losing very slowly - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 2"

Unhappy Losing very slowly

Hi All -
I've been on WW since the last week in April and am only down 16lbs! I exercise daily and once I picked up tracking again at the encouragement of my leader I did notice a pattern of losing weeks in a row. After 4 weeks of losing yesterday I gained a pound. I attributed it to all the salted pumpkin seeds I ate but I didn't eat one piece of Halloween candy......go figure!
I made a commitment to myself that I would stick with it until I reach my goal weight - something I have never done before. I'd lose 30 lbs then quit only to gain it all back!
Any one else losing very slowly? Also if anyone wants a buddy up by e-mail I'd love to have someone help keep me in check and I'd do the same (I love reading the message boards but just can't connect nor keep up with it all )
Jan
JustJan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

What's a typical day for you, in some detail?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 2"

Hi-
Any insight would be so appreciated

Breakfast is almost always the same:
Black coffee
egg "fried" in PAM on a light english muffin, toasted
It's quick and easy.
Mid-morning snack is fruit - apple or a banana
Lunch is a Smart One (4-6 pts) or a sandwich with lt bread, thinly sliced deli RF ham or turkey (lite Miracle Whip on the turkey), lettuce and either Sun Chips (15= 3 pts) when I have them in the house or another apple and one string cheese or soup (Progresso light or the Campbell's Healthy request equal).
Dinner is baked or grilled chicken or tilapia with maybe a sweet potato w/ brown sugar and cottage cheese or no potato but another veggie. I don't have any beef in the freezer. I thought I would miss it but I don't. If I'm going to eat pork chops or salmon which I love I do it Sat/Sun because I weigh Sat mornings.
Maybe in the evening 2 pt WW ice cream cup but I usually don't snack at night.
I enjoy "adult beverages" and will not be drinking this week (except Friday when it's my girls night out...lol) and see if that has an impact.
Thanks again for the help!!
Jan
JustJan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Writing in a journal really helps, that way if you lose one week but not the next you can see what you did differently the week you didn't lose. Try adding some variety to your plan, I know its so easy to get stuck in a ritual of what you know you can have.. but try adding a new recipe or food each week. Also adding whole foods is very beneficial.

We are really glad you found this site, its so helpful having friends for support & motivation that really understand! You can do it!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote