Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #1  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for support from those who understand

Wow, where to even start. I've struggled with my weight for most of my life, not really overweight but without a doubt the "fat sister". I discovered low carbing after my first son (who is now 13) and was able to loose the baby weight plus some and was the thinnest I'd ever been in my adult life. And it suited me. I love sweets, but I'm not a bread or starch person so with a few modifications to satisfy my sweet tooth, things were good. Through another baby and many years. Then in the spring of '07 things started falling apart. I had an unexpected pregnancy that I very much wanted but my husband did not and then I miscarried. A professional cleaning company ruined the hardwood floors in our brand new house and we had to move back out for the repairs and then the reparis were done (excuse my french) piss poor. My son was having an extreemly hard time at school, my father died October 30, 2007, my mother died seven weeks later on December 19, 2007, obviously right before the holidays. I broke my shoulder in Feb 2008 but it was misdiagnosed so I know have chronic pain, and I was in a car accident (not my fault) in July 2008. I also had to have hand surgery this past summer.

So, now that the organ recital is over : ) The combination of depression which I have always suffered from and have been on medication to treat for about 7 years, plus the addition of an anti-anxiety medication added after my parents died, pain meds for the numerous pain issues plus lots of comfort food and a decent amount of alcohol to numb what the drugs didn't, I am currently ballooned up to just over 200lb. Heavier that I was 9 months pregnant.

But I'm ready to get rid of all of it! I'm off pain meds, weaning off anxiety meds, limiting alcohol. I know that low carb is the best way for me to get the weight off, so I have been working on "getting back into it". I need to kick up my exercise, and just need a refresher course. So I found this forum and have been reading and I hope this is the start to a BIG change for me!

Thanks to anyone who has made it this far!

Kelly
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You will find lots of support and help here! Come back often, and check out the low carb threads - the folk over there are GREAT!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

WOW, im sorry to hear about all your troubles. I had similar problems a few yrs back. my mother, grandmother, step dad, and close friend all died within a few yrs of each other. things are looking up now, and loosing weight helps with depression. good luck! and welcome
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Kelly!

I'm sorry that life's been difficult recently.

Have you had a chance to check out the Low Carb area under Diet Central? There's also a Depression & Weight Issues section that you might want to join in on, too.

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #5  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC! I'm sorry to hear about your crappy luck. Stick around, keep posting and I'm sure you'll find the support here that you need to get you through this. Good luck, I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote