Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Arrow Brand spankin' new, and need some weight loss buddies!

I'm so so so grateful to have found this site!

Here's my real quick bio...

I'm a young mama, I'm married to my best friend, we'll call him Superman. I have a darling daughter, she just turned 1 year old! I'm a photographer, owning my own business and running after DD has taken up so much time I've really let myself go.

My weight history-
I got married at 140 lbs. 6 months later I had gained about 15 pounds, and I got pregnant weighing 155 lbs. When my baby was born, about a month after she was born, I was down to 160! I couldn't believe it, and figured everything everyone had told me about breastfeeding must have been true. I figured it'd keep falling off. Well, for multiple reasons we stopped nursing when DD was 4 months old. Then, the trouble started. Slowly and steadily the weight came on, and here I am today, 8 months after stopping nursing, weighing in at a whopping 174. I actually have lost 4 pounds now, but it is slow going!

I'd like to get down to at least 150, but preferably 140, before I get pregnant again. And we don't want our kids to be spaced out TOO far, like no more than 3 years apart. So I really need some help, ladies! Hope this message board will help to keep me on track, and hopefully I can help give support too!!

Well... that's me!

God bless,
Carly

Last edited by carcar05; 10-28-2008 at 05:03 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Glad to have you here! I'm sure you'll find several 'groups' you'll fit in with. There are lots of great people here
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Carly -

We have LOTS of forums here you might want to investigate...by eating plan, by age range. You'd also fit really well in the Featherweights, for those with less to lose than others here, since it produces unique challenges (like slower weight loss!).

Look around, find a spot or several, and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #4  
I know I can do it.

So maybe this sounds really stupid, but I can't figure out how to modify my signature for my posts... I want to hvae my weight ticker in there, anyone wanna fill me in?!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Carcar - weight tickers and signatures are limited to members who have at least 20 posts and have been members for at least 20 days. So stick around and you'll be there in no time!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #6  
I know I can do it.

Awesome thanks for the info!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7

Dear carcar,

I'm brand spankin' new too! but not new too the weight loss struggle.

We sorta have a lot in common...as my own story and height and numbers are similar to yours. Except my DD is now 19 and I still haven't taken the baby weight off, I added more on! Eeeek!

One thing I know is that I wish I could be those numbers now....I would feel so skinny! So be gentle with yourself, be kind.....stories like Lopez and Jolie are very unhealthy and unrealistic....but they depend on their looks for their career......we are more fortunate and can take our time losing the baby weight....it's only taking me 19 years! LOL! Oh my!

I'm never giving up!
Thinkerbell

Last edited by thinkerbell; 10-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7

P.S.

If I could give my younger self some advice during those early mommy years it would be to make the time to exercise......exercise is the best medicine for body, mind and spirit.

But finding the exercise you love is really important too, something that you totally enjoy.....ballroom dancing, tennis, biking....Zumba is pretty fun!

Working to get my 20 posts and 20 days so I can get that ticker!

Thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #9  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome to 3FC, Carly!! I hope you like it here and find everything you will need to help you. There's so much information, you'll never get bored.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #10  
Carson's healthier mama!

S/C/G: 198/198/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey there!

I am also new at this....just found this site today! Am NOT new at dieting, as I have tried everything I can imagine!

Anyhow, was reading some of the posts and yours sounded similar to mine....I was doing so well; was about 150, became pregnant, had my son (now 4) and lost most of the weight, breatfeeding....am now up to my delivery weight!!! I have about 50 pounds to lose and am so sick and tired of quitting!

I know it's important to do this for US, but also can't help but think of how important it is, as new mamas ;o) to do this....for our kids! It's hard to run after my 4 year old w/out panting or needing a nap and I'm so tired of that!

Enough....just read your post and thought I'd say "hi" and to keep your head high...you can do this!
kmcauliffe is offline   Reply With Quote