Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default This is me!

Hello Everyone,

Let me introduce myself:

I am 22 years old and from Canada. I recently finished a 4 year honours university degree in politics and French and am completing a one year post degree program in communications and public relations. I am getting married on saturday!! Woot!

I am 5'1' and usually weigh around 125. I am currently 150!! All this weight gain has happened within a year. I have been an enthusiastic gym goer for atleast 5 years but my fourth year of university really took a toll on me. I was constantly busy and stressed out and I seemed to pack on the pounds and loss determination for the gym. I still go but it is lack luster. I graduated and moved home which only made things worse- my family fries everything in oil and grease! I do try to avoid their cooking by eating at my fiance's house as often as possible but the lunches I take to school are not healthy enough (my family doesn't really buy fresh fruit and veggies). I continue to go to the gym but my workouts are not as intense and I am exhausted from school, work and the 2 hour commute. In 2 months my Fiance and I take possession of our newly purchased home and I hope that part of my problem will be solved when I can cook my own food and be healthier. Until then i need a plan

I used to be really healthy. I ate relatively well and had successful and productive workouts. I have now lost motivation and energy.

I already have a membership to the gym and enjoy going when I have the energy. I need to up the intensity and frequency of my visits and get out of the habit of eating badly that I have developed over the last year.

I am excited that I will be able to receive support on this super cool website!
I want to loss about 25 pounds and get back to my old self!

Last edited by Squirrelygirl; 10-15-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey there girl! Congrats one getting married this weekend! WOO HOO! Welcome to the site! I want to loose about 25 as well!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wooohoooo! Congratulations!

I was always feeling pretty run down too....new job, two young children, etc., etc. I started South Beach (the "good carb" diet), and feel 100% better. I think it's because...I don't eat sugar. Don't eat processed foods. It's pretty rare to eat "bad foods". For me, it's worked great!! I realized that sugar roller coaster (wow, did I used to love starburst!) was bringing me down.

Shop around this site! Hope you find something for you! And best wishes on the marriage!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.5/163/145

Height: 5'9"

Hey Squirrelygirl! I just joined today too! And man, do I hear you. While I was doing my 4-year degree I used to jog all the time and was slightly heavy (160ish, but I'm 5'9") but quite fit. When I started my law degree, though, I just slumped into laziness and stress and fatigue and gained almost 30 lbs over 2 years. Now I am back on the fitness track, going to the gym for classes 5 times a week, and it feels so good. I'm sure if I can do it with all my horrible habits, you can do it too!
icanhasfitness is offline   Reply With Quote