Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #1  

Post Need drastic measures

Hi,
After getting back from my vacation this summer where I enjoyed a food and drink fest I knew I had not quite gotten back in the groove of my normal eating habits but WOW did I have a shock. I went to the doctor yesterday and had gained 20 lbs. I am mortified. No wonder my jeans are so tight! I feel totally out of control. I have decided to go on the Lemonade Diet. I saw Beyonce on one of the talk shows (can't remember which one) and she had talked about going on this diet before her movie role. She wasn't endorsing it but hey if she can do so can I. I need to get back in control and think this is the healthiest way with the fastest results. Has anyone else gone on this diet and what kind of results have you gotten how fast?
Brandie DeLong
lvldybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

This is Master Cleanse. You can read all of the reasons why such a thing is NOT a good idea, for Beyonce or for you, in this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140011

Or this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106960
At 3FC, we support healthy, sustainable methods of weight loss. These might not be as fast as some people would like, but they lead to long term maintenance of losses and better health. I'd rather take a bit longer to get to -actually- healthy than quickly yo-yo back and forth.

Look around at some of the healthy alternatives to fads like this, many of which are used by members here. I'd urge you to consider them.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #3  

one of the worst diets you could be on

look into calorie counters

weight watchers

atkins/keto which I believe to be the fastest and relatively healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.....however very hard to stick to
ROFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

I did the master cleanse and lost 20lbs in 10 days. I also fainted in Target (but that's another story). I gained all the weight back within 30 days. I still get leg cramps at night and never did before I did that stupid diet.

Now I am calorie counting using Lean Cuisines/Smart Ones/Healthy Choice/Kashi prepared meals /desserts and loving it. I've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks with no cravings or deprivation. In fact, visiting my freezer is like visiting a restaurant. So many items to choose from and so little work!

Note - I still fast for a 1-2 days from time to time to relieve my allergies. I'm not sure why it works, but it does.
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey Brandie, I completely understand how you feel and I completely understand how badly you want this weight off. As Mandalinn said...there are much healthier and safer ways to get the weight off. Treat yourself by giving the healthier ways first chance...Good Luck to You-Keep Us Posted
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #6  

Thanks for all your support and advice. I appreciate and trust your experience.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #7  

I was excited to just hear about a new product called Simply Slender that is like the original lemonade diet on steroids. It has extra vitamins from organic fruits like Mangosteen, Goji, Acai & Hoodia. It is to be used for only 4 days and you still eat fresh fruits and vegetables while on it. This person had good results and felt good the entire time. I think it sounds like a great way to jump start my way to heathly eating without all the negative aspects I have heard about the original diet. I am going to go for it. I will keep you posted.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #8  

I did start this "cleanse" on Saturday. There are so many threads and so many conflicting experiences. I really appreciate ALL of your comments! There are a lot of postive comments on fasting alone even if it is not a long term diet solution. I am using the new version (the lemonade diet soooo easy) but have not heard from anyone on this site who has tried it (Simply Slender). So far so good. This is day 3. I will keep you posted on my journey. I do know my experience is the more I eat the more I want to eat and the less I eat the less I want to eat.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #9  

I just wanted to say I finsished the 4 day cleanse yesterday so today I am eating and making healthy choices with everything I put in my body. I do know eating healthy is the best choice long term. That means different things to different people. For me for now that will just mean more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains (Ezekiel Bread is great), low fat protein (cottage cheese, chicken, fish). I have to make it simple and know eating out for me makes it a lot harder to make the right choices. I want to share some remarkable experiences I felt from doing a cleanse. Maybe these are similar to those who fast for religious reasons but I did not have that motivation. Anyway I believe my body went through a little withdrawal symtoms with slight nausea but I feel so liberated in a sense. I am intune to how my body is really feeling and had the oportunity to think about what I put in my body and that the food I put in it is like any other drug. I really feel awesome today. I do know the Simply Slender has extra vitamins in it so that may account for why I feel so good. At any rate I did lose 8 pounds in 4 days and was able to keep up my normal excercise schedule during that time. I feel like I am on my way even if a few pounds come back on in the next few days of eating solids again. I would do a cleanse again in a NY minute. I think I should wait a couple months of course . . . ..
Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiCO View Post
I did the master cleanse and lost 20lbs in 10 days. I also fainted in Target (but that's another story). I gained all the weight back within 30 days. I still get leg cramps at night and never did before I did that stupid diet.

Now I am calorie counting using Lean Cuisines/Smart Ones/Healthy Choice/Kashi prepared meals /desserts and loving it. I've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks with no cravings or deprivation. In fact, visiting my freezer is like visiting a restaurant. So many items to choose from and so little work!

Note - I still fast for a 1-2 days from time to time to relieve my allergies. I'm not sure why it works, but it does.
You got the leg cramps as well? Those would murder me in the morning when I tried the fast.

I don't think it's so much that the cleanse itself is unhealthy, it's more that as a weight loss method it just doesn't do anything. You haven't learned to control portions, you haven't learned what's healthy, you haven't learned to count calories, you haven't learned anything about dieting, you've just starved yourself for 10 days, lost some real weight (mostly water weight) and will gain all of it back within the month.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote