Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 358/358/135

Height: 5'7"

Default My Journey of a Thousand Miles is Starting

My journey of a thousand miles is starting with this single step.

Hi there all!

My name is Jillian and I am going to start REALLY trying to take off this weight!

I weigh 368 lbs. The physical pain and the embarrassment I go through each minute of each day is something I just don't want to live with any more.

So, here is my plan. I plan on following an eating plan that is modified slightly from the Raw for Life diet. I plan on adding a small amount of cooked food and some fish and chicken, but try to eat most of my foods raw.

I have cut out all soda and substituted herb teas sweetened with Stevia and am really happy with that change. I drink a minimum of a gallon of water and tea every day, so I have the water covered.

I have also purchased several exercise DVDs and plan to do at least one workout a day...or at least build up to a whole workout.

I am hoping that I will find some support friends here that will help hold me accountable and encourage me.

Thanks for reading this.
JillianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #2  

Oh, I forgot. Where do I get instructions to get one of those measuring lines that shows your weight loss? I am sure there is a post somewhere about that, I just can't find it.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Jillian!

First on the ticker, you need 20 days as a member and 20 posts to activate your signature. So stick around and you'll be there in no time!

You may want to check out our 100 lb club, or 300 plus club - both are wonderful, supportive places where you'd fit perfectly! So pay a visit!

We also have support groups by age range, and by eating plan (though I don't think we have a Raw forum, specifically), as well as some miscellaneous groups. Explore, look around, and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5' 8''

Hey Jillian,

Stick with it! You are going to do awesome and every day you will be on your way to feeling great! I'm new as well and can already feel the support on this forum. Hope to talk to you more!

Asher
Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome mandalinn! I have been lurking here for a while trying to get up the nerve to make the commitment to start, so I know you have a fantastic selection of forums where I can go to make friends and get support.

I am going to be here for quite bit longer than 20 days, so I can wait for the ticker (see, I learned a new word).
Old 10-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #6  

Hi there Asher! You must have been posting the same time I was. Thank you for the encouragement, with that kind of attitude I know you will be successful at reaching your goal.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #7  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Jillian, hi and welcome. i'm sure you will find tons of support and friends here, wonderful place really, god bless those sisters for starting this forum

i just wanted you to know i'm pulling for you. when i first started on this weightloss journey, it seemed almost like an impossible task, but once i started making small mini goals, and got it in my head that this is a marathon and not a sprint to the finish, it got alot easier. i weigh in every week and sometimes i gain, but that is okay, because i am not perfect. b4 in all my attempts at weightloss i never left room for error, and if i varied off plan at all, i thought i had blown it,'and ultimately i'd beat myself up so much i'd just give up. i now know that i can stray off plan from time to time, and it is not the end of the world i've found if i eat right and move my body more often than not, the end result will be weightloss.
i'm telling you all this because i remember how overwhelmed i was when i started.
my motto is this: i'm not striving for perfection, but i am trying to be consistent.

SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote