Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/147

Height: 5'7"

Red face Hot New Mommy In Progress

Hello everyone….I am new here, I came across this site when I was searching for a safe weight loss plan I might be able to use while breastfeeding, and I think this site is great! So I decided to join. It is my first time joining a support group and I really think it will help me. Like most of the other members I have always struggled with my weight. I have been heavy and large since about the fourth grade just around the time I was changing from being a little girl and turning into a young lady. Although I have always been over weight I never really had a problem with body image, I knew I was big but never felt unattractive, in fact I was very confident and even felt sexy, (sometimes I still do). Only things have changed, now at 28, 215 lbs. and a brand new mom (my first), there are days that I don’t feel good at all in fact I feel right down fat and ugly. And I have decided to do something about it. I was told that the baby weight would come off right away just with the breast feeding alone, so not true instead I have gained 6 lbs. My doctor has given me the go ahead to do light exercise and I am ready to lose this weight. I figure the best gift I can give my son is to be around for a very long time and I can only do that by being healthy. So that is the plan to get down to a healthy weight. I will be taking small steps and setting small goals so that I don’t have a problem reaching them. I now that with great effort and your help I can reach my ideal weight, which is somewhere between 150 and 135 (I will decided when I get there). First goal is to lose the baby weight 20lbs. I hope I can be back at 195 lbs. by Christmas, it sounds realistic. I want to reach my ultimate goal by my baby’s first birthday this gives me a little over 10 months. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I like exercising so I know I can stick to a routine, my big problem is going to be food. I love to eat; I should mention I’m Mexican and those of you that know about Mexican food know it is NOT figure friendly; plus I love sweets. I will definitely have to fight off the cravings and will have to get creative with my meals. I will need support from others and will also give support.

Sorry it’s so long, I will try to keep it short and sweet next time.

-Helen

PS. Thank you for reading
MamaNena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #2  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi Helen! So glad you are here

Congratulations on the birth of your son! Oh yah, I never lost weight by breastfeeding, it just made me sooooooo hungry!

Just find the forum(s) that you feel comfortable posting in, and type away!
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi MamaNena,

I am Mamaspank -- love your moniker! I am also a new mama. My son was born June 2007. I love it. I decided to lose the weight about 11 months into breastfeeding because I just wasn't producing very much milk anyways. It took a long time to accept that and just move on, but I am so glad I did. I was 184 pounds when I started my weight loss journey on April 7, 2008. I have lost over 40 pounds and feel awesome. You're so right about wanting to give your baby the gift of having a fit mama. I couldn't agree more.

I also agree that with the whole breastfeeding and weight loss comment. I don't know about you, but along with breastfeeding came back my appetite -- tenfold. Good for you for not waiting as long as I did to get fit and healthy and hot! It's funny that you titled your thread "Hot new mommy"; my blog is called "I am MILF." Not that I mean that literally, hot would be just fine by me too. I look forward to supporting you in your effort.

P.S. Check out my blog -- it seems like we have a lot in common. I am also 28 and a first time mommy who had some weight they wanted to lose.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Helen,

There are plenty of chicks in the same boat around here. There's even a whole section for mom's who are breastfeeding & trying to lose weight. There are also sections for people looking to connect with people their own age. Look around, post wherever you're comfortable.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Welcome!!!

Congrats on being a new mommy. I'm not that new of a mommy, my son will be 2 in November. I'm still trying to lose the weight and then some. It's going very slowly. But slow is better then nothing.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Helen,

We have a great "Pregnant and Nursing" forum here, so do check that out. You also may want to visit the 20-somethings forum.

Wherever you settle, in one place or many, keep posting. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/147

Height: 5'7"

Finaly some free time. Yesterday I was just so busy I wasn't able to log on. I just wanted to thank all of you for the warm welcome. I'm really going to need a lot of help. I don't have a problem getting my excersise in, but cutting out food is really hard. I am hungry all the time especially after nursing, the best I can do is cut out all of the empty calories and home that helps. For now I will just try to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize.
MamaNena is offline   Reply With Quote