Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default Hi all!!

I'm new here - I found this site about 3 weeks ago and have posted once or twice and lurked alot. Finally got the nerve to intro myself.

I have 25 pounds to lose which may not sound like much but on my 5' 0 frame it is really hard. I got very disgusted today trying on clothes for my new job on Monday. I'm hoping that returning to work after a 9 year hiatus will help me jump start this badly needed weight loss. I'm 49, in menopause and just can't seem to lose a pound!!

SO! Any tips, advice, scoldings, plans, etc. are most welcome! I eat pretty well over all but I think I just eat too darn much! I CRAVE sweets and carbs constantly.

I have read that eating artificial sweetner doesn't really help to overcome the sweet addiction. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the support!! I'm so so so so glad I ran up on this!! Oh yeah - and I have started walking 30 min a day (except that it is now pouring outside so I'm doing this instead!!)
GenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey GenB -

Glad you've stepped out of lurkdom! On the artificial sweeteners, it seems that some people have issues with them, but others do just fine. I'm on the "never caused any problems" side, but you'll get different opinions from others. You have to experiment to see what works best for you.

We have a great 40-somethings forum, so head on over and check it out. You also might like the Featherweights, a group of those with less overall to lose than some of us here...it presents unique challenges!

Again, so glad you're no longer lurking. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

GenB

Congrats on your new job.
I actually gained weight when I went back to work

I'm glad you've joined us. Best wishes to you!
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #4  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi GenB! I'm so glad you're here We appear to have a lot in common--namely that bear "menopause." It really messes with one's metabolism!

But we'll do this together!

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #5  

Thanks you guys! I'm waiting for the kiddos to fly the coop this am. so I can walk! I also checked out my slimfast powder and saw way more sugar in it than I thought, so I'm removing that from the daily intake today! I believe that may be sabotaging my attempt to quell sugar cravings!

Susan, you are so right -menopause is a BEAR!! But it helps so so much to have support!

I'm looking forward to spending alot of time here!
GenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hey Gen, come on over to 40-something's chatter thread, and tell us how your walk went! And I didn't know that about slimfast having sugar in it. That would be a killer for me, I need to stay away from sugar right now 'cause it only makes me crave more so I totally understand what you're saying!

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote