Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Greetings!!!

I'm going to keep this short, but just a bit about me. I have always been skinny and these past few years have been the first time I've had to battle with being overweight. I am trying to lose 48 pounds. I exercise regularly, I enjoy exercising actually. Mostly aerobics. It's just been a strange past few years since my divorce.

This is the second time I have tried to lose weight within the last 3 months. I just have a huge addiction to sugar. I have been doing EFT and using sugar substitutes, but I just get really overwhelmed and start eating sugar. I know that I can quit eating sugar. I just need a bit of support. The very reason I am here.

I hope to meet others that are in my same boat and that we all reach our goals.
Joslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/161/140

Height: 5"8

Hey girly welcome
Trust me you'll find more people than you thought here, going through the same thing!
And you'll also get so much support, and its fun to meet all these new people.

Good luck with getting started and feel free to give a random message if ya want

Jade
xxx
Dark Angel Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #4  

Thank you both for the warm welcome!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome!I understand about sugar addiction. When I eat sugar my body says " more" .When I cut back on sugar and I get used to eating less sugar, oddly enough, I don't crave it so much.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #6  
skinny jeans here i come!

S/C/G: 218/195/160

Height: 6'1

hey Joslynn!

i, too, am a 3FC newbie and a sugar-craver! i wish you much sucess with your weight loss journey and all of your goals!

(ps i HATE exercise. any tips on how i can enjoy myself and stay active? i do make myself go to the gym, but only after an intense internal struggle...)

<3
zero calories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #7  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi Joslynn!

So glad to have you here! You will definitely find lots of encouragement! Get it and give it and you'll be slimming down before you know it

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Welcome!I understand about sugar addiction. When I eat sugar my body says " more" .When I cut back on sugar and I get used to eating less sugar, oddly enough, I don't crave it so much.
I try to cut back, you know, with the SBD phase I, and I always, after a few days just gorge myself on cookies or cake or cinnamon rolls. I tried that Paul McKenna association trick, but apparently I don't mind eating sweets and thinking about them with spit, lima beans and hair on them. They still taste good.

It keeps happening and I want to know how I can get past that third or fourth day so that I can actually stop craving sugar. I've quit smoking, why is this so difficult? I've tried all the artificially sweetened desserts, but I think it's still just making me crave sugar. I don't know that I can do phase I without some sort of sugar, perhaps an apple or something. If I'm eating fruits, I know that I can get past this, but with none, I'm not so sure.

I think that if I exercise for 30 to 60 minutes a day that I should be able to eat some kind of fruit. Is there a diet you all know of that would fit me better than SBD? I like everything else about it. I love veggies and eggs and eat well for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero calories
(ps i HATE exercise. any tips on how i can enjoy myself and stay active? i do make myself go to the gym, but only after an intense internal struggle...)
I do TurboJam with Chalene Johnson and friends. I used to hate exercising too, but she really makes it fun for me.

Thanks for the welcome!!! I feel loved.

Last edited by Joslynn; 09-08-2008 at 07:10 PM.