Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #1  
Rah Rah Red Team!

S/C/G: 188/181/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey! Hi! Hello!

Well, hello there! My name is Amber and I am 21 years old (22 in a few short days ). I hail from California, um, I'm a Virgo, I like long walks on the beach, and hot tea, good books, batman movies . . . Oh, and I'm overweight.

I wasn't always though, I'm pretty sure. It's the darndest thing. I was living my happy-skippy life here in the mountains of Shasta Valley and before I know it (which is weird, considering I signed up and trained for it) I was smack in the middle of New Orleans cleaning out houses and schools and things!!

Now, I don't know if you all know this, but they have some really, really good food down there.

Maybe too good, actually. That seems to be what got to me anyway. Wouldn't you know it, 18 months in the gulf and nearly 70 pounds later I am not quite the happy camper you'd expect. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute (and every bite ), but I have decided I am more than ready to shed all the bayou delectables cluttering my thighs. I have been lurking (not in a creepy way, I promise) on these boards for a bit and I decided I would love to give and receive some of the amazing support I've come across here.

So yes, hello, and I hope to see you around the gym.
LakeEffectKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!
You've joined a wonderful site, full of support and people who understand exactly what your going through.

luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Amber

Good for you for volunteering to help NO... bravo! So sorry you gained weight from your trip.... but you've come to a really great place for support and friendship.

Good luck

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Amber

Always nice to see a (non-creepy ) lurker start posting & telling us about themselves! (Happy almost Birthday! )

You may want to jump on in to the 20-somethings or if I may presume the Alternachicks section, too.

So, now that you've decided what you need to do... what's your plan to get there?

Post wherever you're comfortable & best of success to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #5  
Rah Rah Red Team!

S/C/G: 188/181/135

Height: 5'7"

Well thank you all for such a warm welcome ! <3

I've been checking out all the boards and you are right on in the Alternachicks vein, Faerie I believe I've also introduced myself in the 20-somethings too, but if not I'll head on over there, too.

Being an almost vegan (darn cheese!) I'm hitting up the veggie boards as well, but I'm a calorie counter through and through. I'm big on dancing I just don't do it as often as I should, but it's great cardio . I know what I need to do, what I need to not to, and how to do it. For me it's a matter of motivation. I need to be motivated. I'm happy to find a place where so many people are in the same position.

And thank you for the almost birthday wishes (9 days )!
LakeEffectKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #6  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Welcome to 3FC, Amber... Love your intro!
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote