Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Default Out of lurking

I have been lurking for a few days now and decided to introduce myself to you wonderful people.

My name is Laura and I am 37 yrs old. I am happily married for 20 yrs with 3 children. My daughters are 17 and 13 and my son is 8...9 this month.

I am 5'8 172 lbs and I am looking to lose another 15lbs or so. 10 would make me happy and 20 would thrill me lol

I get up at least 5 days a week at 5 am to walk 5-6 miles with my husband who bless his heart does not need to lose an ounce but because he does not want me walking the roads alone he goes with me. I drink a lot of water but not as much as I should so I am working on that but I swear after having 10 lb babies my bladder is the weakest on earth so drinking lots of water has me running to the bathroom every 15 mins or so!

Since I have started walking around 6 weeks ago I have not lost even 1 lb. My measurements have not changed either so I am not sure what is up with that andit is a bit depressing for me but I am hoping that it will suddenly kick in for me.

I look forward to getting to know you all much better.

Last edited by lauralyn; 09-01-2008 at 07:32 AM.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Laura

How wonderful that your husband joins you walking and what AWESOME miles your logging.

I know what you mean about water and running to the potty. But, I bet if you really drank your water for 1 week you'd see a move on your scale. Maybe just try it for one week
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to 3FC.

Early morning is the best time for exercising for me and the hardest thing to do. Congratulations for taking that on and being successful.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you're already making progress! You've spent some time on a plateau and eventually that has to break and move in the right direction!

I also think it's very cool that your husband will walk with you! :smile:

Hang in there and keep moving!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote