Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #1  
RedNeckGirl

Default looking for motivation

Hi, it's been a long while since I've been on here but I am in serious need of some motivation. I need to lose over 100 lbs. I know I need to do it......but every time I start eating healthy, exercising etc......it'll last for a couple of weeks and then I go right back to my old ways.

I have been so depressed about my weight. I feel unattractive and I find that it's starting to have an impact on my usually fun loving personality.

So here I am seeking motivation.
RedNeckGirl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Thats how I used to be, it never failed. I'd do wonderful for a few weeks, then I'd give up. This time is different though, I'm not sure why... This time is not an option, I will succeed, and thats really all there is to it. Just keep picturing yourself a much smaller size... it helps me
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #3  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

This is the same way I use to be also. Just keep exercising and get on a plan counting calories, count points,etc. Just do the plan that you beleive will help you and stick to it. I count calories and only weigh in once a week. I have quit drinking diet sodas , have'nt had one since July 08. I just always knew I drank way to many of those things. I now drink at least 64oz. of water per day. Sometimes with my meal I drink sf kool-aid or those little packs of sf On The Go added to my water. I have now started walking 3 miles . I do some kind of exercise everyday. My daughter an Ihave joined the YMCA and LOVE IT! We are doing alot of different exercise classes that we knew nothing about. I have to mention one called Zumba, this class is alot of dancing , I can't do all of it but I sure have fun trying!.........Hey Redneck Girl I like your name I have been given that name a time or two!! We can do this if we beleive in ourselves. 3fc's has been so helpful to me, I 'm sure it will for both of you. Good Luck Girls!!!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5ft 5in

I am exactly the same. I will do good for a few weeks.... see some results and then stupid enough to reward myself with a binge day, and thats it!!!! One binge day leads to another and another.....
Like you I really want to do it this time... until I reached my ultimate goal.
Because of my weight... I am staying away from friends... and almost no social activities other than work.
I dont want to live like this for the rest of my life.... need to make the changes now.

Lets do it together!!!
lastfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

It seems like really simple advice, but you just, well, decide. No more of the two week "kinda diets" where you eat way, way, way too little, lose too fast and feel like you are starving all the time -- then give up or lose focus or whatever.

I am a calorie counter. I found out my BMI, found out how much my H/W needs to maintain and then I eat +-750 calories less each day--simple, plain old math. What I did to get motivated was to go out and buy myself a small notebook to track my calories everyday and put CalorieKing.com in my favorites for figuring out calorie content in the foods I eat. Everything that goes in my mouth goes in the notebook. I also downloaded a couple of charts for recording my weight. I weigh EVERY day. I get up, pee, weigh and put a dot on my chart. I need that daily, morning reminder or I know I would have a tendency to slip. One week of missed weigh-in can lead to two for me and then less vigilance in my eating -- I just make it part of every single day -- and I don't worry so much about the ups and downs in the short term when I can stand there looking at a chart for the last two months and see that lovely downward trend.

I also do AT LEAST thirty minutes of cardio EVERY day (Sometimes as late as 11 pm, but I get it done), and resistance training every other day. I bought resistance bands for my strength training because they are inexpensive and, since I can just do them in my family room, I cannot make up excuses about how hard it is to get to the health club. As for my cardio, I walk, ride my exercise bike, dance with my kids, do exercise tapes -- whatever -- so long as my heart gets up into my target range for thirty minutes.

Oh, and maybe most important, if I slip up and eat something I shouldn't, I do not use that as an excuse that my whole diet is blown. This is a change for life, not for two weeks. One slip means nothing in the grand scheme of things -- all it means is that I need to work extra hard as I get right back on track.

You can do this. You can succeed. Ready, set, go!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:08 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there RedNeckGirl!

I remember coming to realize that I needed to lose over 100 lbs. It was a frightening and seemingly hopeless goal. But something had to be done... I'm not sure what exactly happened to change my ways & my mind. But I felt this incredible determination to pull through no matter what. This was it. I was changing my life forever. There was no going back... and I had no disillusions that getting down to goal would mean I could "eat normal" again... because eating "normal" caused the weight gain in the first place.

I found my nearest Weight Watchers and joined. It's been 16 months... but I just lost 100 lbs. Yeah, it sure did take a long time. But, the time would've passed whether or not I lost the weight, so I'm sure glad I did.

Maybe going "gung-ho" isn't what's going to work for you. The long-term commitment is what matters most. So perhaps smaller, more permanent changes are what need to take place. They may not seem like much at first, but when they're all added together they make a huge difference!

For example, you could decide that it's important to get in the daily 5 servings of fruits & vegetables. You could decide that you'd like to drink more water, and so you stop drinking Diet Sodas (or regular sodas) and drink a glass of water with your meals. You could even decide that you'd like to limit amounts of foods even if they aren't the best choices so you'll calorie count for a couple of weeks just to watch patterns.

Any of those things... even if they don't individually start you out with huge weight losses may help ease you into the process of the long-term.

The other possibility is that you were going it alone all those other times. Have you considered that a support group (in person) may be a good thing? A group of friends... a plan like Weight Watchers (while attending meetings each & every week)... or a group like TOPS (Taking off the pounds sensibly)?

You can do this! Talk to us about plans that seem they may fit your lifestyle. We'd all love to help!

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #7  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Welcome to you, RedNeckGirl! We're so glad to have you here. Sounds like you've made a bit of a mind-shift and I'm thinking you will do very well! Keep hangin' out here. The chatter, the goal stories--it's made a difference for me. I am so encouraged by everyone, the positive energy here is palpable.

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Luck!!! If you have an off week it's ok. Just start again. You will have many set backs. It happens. I know the last couple of weeks for me has been very hard. You just have to keep trying to push through. Having 3FC has really helped me, and I'm sure it will help you too!!!
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #9  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You know what you need to do. Make small changes that you can use to change your life. Baby steps.

You know...drink more water. Do five mins of exercise a day. Just build it up.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

RedNeckGirl! You can do this and this website will be such a source of inspiration and motivation. I know that it has helped me. I look forward to reading about your success!
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote