Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/229/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Hey There :)

Heya,

I just recently joined looking for some support something I havent tried getting before beyond family members and my fiance. I recently started dieting this past Tuesday. This time last year I had myself on a diet one of the best i ever managed in succeeding at and was down to 200lbs by time my first semester in college started. Went out bought myself some new outfits for classes (something i can barely afford to do but felt i earned) only to find I barely fit my clothes anymore. I fell of the diet wagon while visiting family (stress eater here) to find i was up to 248 the highest Ive been for a bit. Figured since i cant fit my clothing and i got a new semester coming up its bout time i jump back on that wagon and reach for the stars . Im finding it particularly tough this time around, healthy food is not cheap food and Im broke. I'm trying to diet on food that my love will eat too save money, since hes a carnivore and hates veggies its hard to get that healthy stuff in. I'm having trouble fighting my hunger and am hoping these boards will help me take my mind off of it.
Teeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Checking into this site often really helps me... there is so much information and so many great people!!!!!!!!!!! We're glad to have you!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/261/155

Height: 5'6"

This is a great place to be. Welcome and good luck to you!
dmz1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Teeni -

We've got a great group here, so look around and keep posting! You may want to check out the 100 lb club, a group of those who are losing or who have lost 100 lbs or more...it's such a wonderful, open spot. We also have groups by eating plan, so do find several spots and keep going.

I can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #5  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Im finding it particularly tough this time around, healthy food is not cheap food

I've never understood this mindset from those who would like to lose weight. A head of lettuce and a bag of apples is not expensive. Going through the drive thru can be very costly.

Could someone please enlighten me on this way of thinking!

Maybe you could take your boyfriend grocery shopping with you so you can both pick out healthier selections of foods.

Best of luck, you can do it!
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/229/150

Height: 5'2"

thanks for the warm welcome

Last edited by Teeni; 08-19-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Teeni is offline   Reply With Quote