Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/142/135

Height: 5'2

Default Hello..I have PCOS and struggling with weight loss

My name is Steph and I'm new to the forum. I've been gaining 5-10 lbs/year for the past 5-6 years and it's come to a point that I'm feeling I need to take some sort of drastic action to deal with my weight. I've exercised frequently to find a 10-15lb loss is all I can achieve - and it seems the only way I can lose weight if is I pretty much stop eating (really). With a young child and a career it's tough to function on nothing - and it's not healthy. Just looking around here to find some others with like struggles and see if I can't learn from you all things that have worked or haven't worked - at this point I just feel like I need support with this.
hopefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Steph and

There's a forum here for PCOS and lots of support everywhere. Good luck to you in meeting your goals.
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi! PCOS stinks! While we'll never be rid of it, we can totally smack it around a bit. Metformin, WW and exercise are all helping me to kick some PCOS hiney. Good luck!
Magz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Steph! You'll find lots of tips and support here for living with PCOS, good luck! We're happy to have you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Steph - yep, look around and find the "PCOS/Insulin Resistance" forum in the "Dieting with Obstacles" section...plenty of folks who know JUST what you're going through.

Weight loss with PCOS is harder, but it IS possible! I'm proof and so are so many more here, so stick around, work these forums for advice and support, and keep going. Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote