Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'3

Post New found light! Hello ladies:)

I wanted to introduce myself of course!.... and have never thought of looking for a support group online. I have struggled with the lack of it you will see in my profile my brief details..... in all I began to diet/excersie... January 2008. after I had fractured my ankle and had a scary mini heart attack!!... I suffer from High blood pressure (which is under control now with medication)...... I also retain fluid (which is also being treated), I was severely anemic for over 6 months.. and am now on recovery......so besides the obvious my health now after 6 months of proper treatment is now back to A ok...... *smiles*... so now its back to the weight issue!!.........

I am what I think I am an "Apple" shape... not so much with skinny legs or no Booty..lol but I have lost my waist and have a fairly large tummy and can't fit into clothes right (thats for another vent)
I signed up for "Curves"... March 2008....weighing at 198lbs attending 5-6 days a week doing a minimal of 40 mins 3 days a week Id attend morning and evening .......I did this strenuously and determinedly for 2 months. the first month I lost "0lbs" but did lose inches off everywhere...... a total of 9 I believe. anyways to cut a long stry short the 2nd, 3rd month came around and I lost 5 Lbs....... finally on the 4th...... and I eventually lost hope and enthusiasm... and stopped going entirely I convinced myself I needed a tummy tuck and lipo..... my husband being the man he is supports me in whatever I believe will make me happy, knowing it probably wouldn't entirely make me happy?.. who knows.... we went and did the whole quote thing.. which started at 20k.....Offered them cash and came out at 9k later. arghhhh enough to make me want to scream at the NON possibilities of forking that out time flew, husband determined to make it happen..... but I realised that it wasn't the answer not yet... maybe later when Ive lost the desired amount I can get that tummy tuck to rid the hanging skin which I know I will have cause I have it now!!!
a month passed and the signs of depression and anxiety were well awaiting me. and the day came when I asked my husband to support me in another way!!... I asked him to exercise with me...... and I decided that walking would be the best solution for me as a starting point.... and my dear husband who doesn't walk for anything..... agreed to get up at 5am with me ( an hr earlier than he gets up to take off to work) and do my 1 hour walks with me.

Today was my first day........ and it felt wonderful........ "I just hope I can pull it off long enough

if this thread isn't in the appropiate place, "I apologize"

thanks for reading though and I look forward to knowing more women like myself and learning from you all.. and most of all being "Inspired".
chilenita815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Chilenita - losing weight is one of the best things you can do for your help...bravo on getting started on a walking program! I love to walk, and it is really healthy for you.

Do you have any kind of eating plan lined up? Exercise is great, and will make you healthier and happier, but most find they can't lose weight successfully without controlling food intake as well. So you might want to consider whether to supplement your walking with some sort of eating program...I'm a calorie counter, personally, but you can learn all about different plans by looking around at the different forums.

We have LOTS of forums where you can post, based on eating plan, or other factors...by age, or just in miscellaneous groups that have popped up in "Support Groups" here. Look around, find a spot, and settle in!

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #3  

Hi Mandalin... thanks for the advice *noted*... I did forget to mention the food intake huhh!!.... I know there is still room for improvement. I do eat healthy though, grew up eating healthy. I dont eat fried foods... the one thing I do fry occasionally is a steak...... otherwise its grilled, or baked.. I eat 2-3 types of vegetables on almost every dinner plate, we have chicken, fish and other seafoods weekly, and have red meat maybe twice a week at the most salads are always part of the dinner as are the vegies... we don't have deserts ( im not a desert person) I am a sole believer in teaching my children to eat and enjoy the foods that are branded as "Healthy", as not only are they healthy they are damm good tasting!!... lol in order to eat at my house is to actually make it yourself.... I can't do the take out thing... because I can't accustom my taste buds to the American take out foods. (maybe a good thing for me).
I think my problem is incorporating the 3 times a day minimal eating plan....... I skip meals especially Lunch!! sometimes breaky.

so I will be reading more on the eating habits etc...

thanks again
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

we're so glad you found us.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #5  

thank you leenie

Last edited by chilenita815; 08-05-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi chilineta815,

I'm new too, and my introduction is right above yours. It sounds like your husband is a really good guy. I don't know if this would be helpful or not. I'm always trying to find new ways of looking at things. And, I usually believe we have to do things *for* ourselves, and not for others. But.... your husband does seem very supportive. Perhaps, it might help you to think of doing this for him? Gosh, that seems very politically incorrect. I don't mean it to be at all. I was just trying to approach it from another angle. You know. Your husband gets up that hour early, you skip the cookies? I am truly *brand new* here. This is only my second post. I hope what I'm saying isn't controversial. Just trying to think of a cool way to make it easier.

Best wishes to you!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #7  

Oh no I totally see where your coming from!!.. it actually gives me the incentive to move on forward knowing he is trying to boost me by accompanying me, and YES I will do it for him because of his unselfish acts and for myself for my own self esteem and confidence levels

thanks again to you all
Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

*big grin*

I'm really glad to hear it! See you around the boards!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote