Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/206/160

Height: 5'8"

Red face New to the group

Hello All!
I'm new to blogging and to 3FC but not to weight loss. My parents divorced when I was young and food was my comfort during those times. Eventhough over the years I became comfortable with my parents divorce I continued to use food as a comfort. I danced throughout my life and that was my main form of excercise.

Now I'm 23 married, a full time working mom, and more overweight than ever before. I began my weight loss January 1, 2008. I started out at 230 pounds and am currently 205. My co-workers lit a fire under me and got me to go to the gym (that my company pays for and is located directly accross the street from my job).

Recently I quit going to the gym and stopped eating healthy. I want to be around to watch my son grow up and I want to pregnant again once I loose my excess weight. I need a good support system and other people in the same situation so I really hope this helps me in getting back to going to the gym and eating right; like I was doing earlier in the year.

I look forward to the new friendships I form and to my own and everyone elses weight loss.
Brit

Nothing Tastes As Good As Being Thin Feels!!!!
nocellulite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

@ Brit

to 3FC's, glad you found us. Your gonna love it here

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi Brit!

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you know how to do it, but you just need to get motivated and stay motivated. You've definitely come to the right place! There is so much support to get here and when you give support, it's just as important. As far as the gym: it's sometimes hard to get going. I like to trick myself into it. I tell myself that I'm just going to do 20 minutes. Once I'm there and I'm into my music, I tell myself 5 more minutes and that turns into more and more time until I'm dreanched with sweat! Just get back into it and go because once you do, you'll feel better about yourself and you'll eat better too. Go for your goals....you can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Glad you found our not so little Forum Community . . . happy to have you with us and hope you will continue to post in this area as well as using the 3FC Diet Blogs -- have you set one up yet? I'm not a blooger but I do know that a lot of those using that area post a link in their profile that allows others to click on their blog as well. It shows up over on the left side where your other personal information resides.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #6  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Emotional eating

Hi Brit,
It is interesting to me to find out all the different problems people have with eating and how it became a problem. So many people have different experiences that lead them to having a weight problem.

My mom died when I was 23 and I also was working with severely emotionally disturbed children. I learned to use food to pacify my feelings. I know that surge of well-being you get from over eating and it is my downfall every time I start a diet. It really is like a drug. I am okay until I hit a crisis and then I self-medicate with food. I have not figured out a way to quit doing that, but hopefully I can get some help here. I am new here, too, and I looking forward to taking the steps to improving my health with the support of others. Good luck here!

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #7  

Hi Brit!

Welcome to the site. You've definitely come to the right place.

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote