Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/257.8/196

Height: I'm a shortie 5'4"

Smile I am a newbie 2!!

HI,
HELLO,
HOWDY...lol

I am Diane,31 years young and mother of 4. Ages 12,10,7 and 3....! I have been through many ups and downs in life(much as we all have been) and after a long battle with some personal depression and 2 failed marriages, life is finally looking up.
I have been in a relationship with Tim(AKA best dad in the world) for alittle over 4 years now and we are working on our blended family and planning our wedding for 9-9-09!
I have struggled with my weight my whole life, from a teenager it was up and down. After my 2nd child I was at my highest weight(or so I thought) at 237, and that was scary being only 24....then came the horrible life changing divorce and everything that came with it and I dropped down to an amazing 168 IBS. I did it all with stress stress and more stress...it wasnt my high point in life.
Then after the second failed marriage I blamed myself(although im not sure why) and this time insted of maintaining or losing I gained and gained and gained. I had my 4th child with Tim and reached my actual all time high with my weight at 267 IBS(yikes for me) and started devolping some irrigular heart rates and was border line diabetic(really scary for me).
So now I am on a mission to not only get myself healthy and thinner but to get my family healthy. I figure with these crazy kids...I have to stick around for a long long time...lol!
I have been to a few other boards where I wanted to become a member and start a "family" for this long road of weightloss and health, only to be greeted with snobs and a lack of support for the "new comers" so i truely hope this board is different!

Thanks for reading!

Diane
Diane0309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #2  

Welcome! You will warmly welcomed here. None of that foolishness on this site.

You've made a very important first step. You've decided to take control of your weight. Being around for my children is one of my many reasons for losing weight as well.

Wishing you the best of luck!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck!!!!!!
stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad you found us . . . you will find lots of support and sensible advice around here, Chickie . . . good Luck on the journey to better health and fitness.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

Hi Diane! Welcome! I'm new here too!
leelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #7  

Red face diet again!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am new and looking forward to sharing lots of stories. I have been on a diet since the age of about 3..I have successfully kept a lot of weight off for the past 5 years, but it is slowly creeping back. I am horrified at the thought of soon turning 50...fat...and frumpy...My hubbie is VERY fit so the pressure is enormous on me.although none of it comes from him. My own fault I know...But I am determined to lose some weight and look as good as he does..
qutypy is offline   Reply With Quote