Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default You are my Inspiration

I am so happy, I've found this site. You guys are my inspiration, I truly adore ALL of you for making a goal and going after it. I admire your determination and perseverance. I'm not just saying that, when I look at your tickers it amazes me that some people have lost 20, 30, 40, even 50 pounds. As a person who has been struggling with my weight for the past 6 years, it is truly DEPRESSING.
However, seeing soo many others join together to make healthy lifelong goals makes me feel like this mountain isnt so big. I have 70 pounds to lose, which just thinking about it, makes me want to give up before I even start. So this means a lot to me, so thank you.
BestMom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Bestmom!

Your mountain...guess what? It really ISN'T so big.

You don't necessarily have to think of it as losing 70 lbs. What about losing 10 lbs? Not too hard, right? Definitely workable? You just have to do that! Granted, you'll do it 7 times in a row, but let's just think about the first one, shall we? 10 little pounds. It isn't so bad!

Join us. Settle in. Find a spot or two or three. Stick around long enough to get your own ticker (30 days and 10 posts) and pull all the advice from here that you can.

I can't wait to get to know you better. You'll be the inspiration for others soon enough.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Bestmom!

I am fairly new here and found this site to be a great encouragement! I recently joined a thread called "The Reluctant Excercisers Support Group" and was actually called an inspiration by another member. I never thought of myself as being one, but then, I would never have thought to join an online support group!

I actually started my journey in '03, losing 20lbs, then....well you know, at least I had maintained the loss when I finally decided to start up again. Yeah, I don't think I would have lasted this long if it wasn't for the great people here at 3FC's.

Look forward to getting to know you!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #4  

Thank you guys so so so much.
10lbs really isn't bad, never thought of it that way.
Exercise is definetely one of my problem areas. I find that I never find time to exercise. And when I do, I always find something better to do. One of my many ills.
BestMom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #5  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

BestMom - we have a great group going - called "That 70's Show" basically folks who are trying to lose 70'ish pounds....check out our link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=143229&page=2
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Mom You can do this, and I wish you a very happy journey in reaching your goals! Welcome to the 3fc community
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey BestMom! Here's a great quote for ya...

The man who removes a mountain, begins by carrying away small stones.
- William Faulkner

Good luck!!!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Mom,

You've already taken a first step, remember the chinese provererb..."Journey of thousand Miles start with a single step"..and you've already taken a step ahead. Give your self few months and keep going and I'm sure you'll be an inspiration for all of us..

BTW...this is my first post..it feels so great to be a part of this forum
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote