Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/241/155

Height: 5'8

Smile Thanks 3fc!!!

My name is Kasha I am 26 going on 27 in September. I weight 241 pounds. I am overweight and I am suffering because of my weight. I would like to start off by giving everyone here a for those that has lost weight, encouraged others during hard times, or have found encouragement and were motivated from reading other peoples stories. This community truly has me touched and shinned new light toward possibilities I once thought were unimaginable to achieve.

5 years ago I separated after 4 years of service with the NAVY. I look back now and feel different about my experiences then, almost with resentment that I ever left. 5 years ago I weighed a health 164 pounds and neglected to ever feel satisfied with my weight, always thinking I was fat and needed to lose weight.

Those years were the best years of my life, I met my husband, got married, showed off my arms without feeling disgusted, was somewhat active, fit in a pair of jeans that were a size 12-14, I was much happier then than I am today. Since then I have felt somewhat under accomplished, inadequate, unhappy, and disappointed. I knew what I had become, I knew I did it to myself, I knew that it wasn't getting any better.

I tried everything from Cabbage soup diets, Master Cleanse, Jenny Craig, Nutra System, Xenidrine, B-12, Phentermine, Relacore, Hydroxycut, and even Lipo surgery. Some provided temporary results, but in the long term I would just gain it all back and then some.

It was a vicious cycle, you get motivated to loose, excited to try something new, eager to pave a new path in life, but it would only take one bad day, one bad week, to revert back to your same old addictions - the addictions you have grown to exploit your own personal comforts from, I spiraled down the same stair case time and time again.

I can say that once I hit rock bottom, or the bottom of that stair case it didn't take long for me to walk back up and try again. I am not one to loath in my own self pity, I have always been determined even when the odds are against me. Food is an evil to someone who is addicted to it. The evil or addiction that food has to some of us is when it poison's our minds of not knowing when we have become full - or seeking comfort in emotional eating.

I know the odds are against me now, it was recently discovered that I also have hashimoto's - a condition that attacks my thyroid and makes it under active contributing to my weight gain. I also lack the key in which some are fortunate to find and discover what plan, what system works for them to achieve their own weight loss success.

I too know there is a key out there for someone like me, I just hope I am lucky enough to find it. I plan on getting pregnant next year, it has brought new meaning to getting myself in shape. I am eating healthy - sticking to 1500 cal a day and using the food pyramid as my guide to eating. I am eating two fiber fortified GNC Lean shakes, taking 1 Hydroxycut max in the morning, and my synthroid for my thyroid. I have not jumped into a rigorous exercise plan. I do however take long walks (2-3 miles) three times a week with my dogs at a local trail or wildlife preserve. I plan to kick it up a notch here shortly. I can say that since my thyroid issue I have maintained my weight - not gained any more.

I know many of you can relate to my experiences in life, a constant struggle to get thin. I just want to let you all know that it is possible - and not to give up on yourself.

I will not give up – I have hope, I have found it here.
Beautiful Nightmar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad to have you joining us . . . hopefully you will find lots of support and encouragement around here as you travel down the long (and sometimes rther bumpy) road to better health and fitness.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote