Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #1  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

Talking Hi I'm Amber

I am new here. I have looked around a few times, but this is my first post. I have registered out of frustration. I have been dieting since the first real week of January and I have only lost 17 pounds. I watch what I eat by counting calories, eating whole real foods, and working out about 5 days a week. I do cardio 5 days and see a trainer for 2. I am just so frustrated. I have hit a wall. I have not worked out in about 3 weeks and my food intake is slowing increasing with bad stuff.

Can anyone tell me..............does it really take this long??????
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Insatiable - in short, yes.

That's 3/4 of a lb a week. Given that you're pretty close to your target weight, your body is going to fight you a bit, so this is a good, healthy rate. However, it may be time to adjust your calorie level, depending where you are with it now, because we need fewer calories as we lose weight.

It does take time, though! You might want to visit the "Featherweights" forum...a group of those who, like you, have less to lose and therefore don't get the big numbers week after week on the scale.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for telling me what featherweights meant - I thought there was no way it could apply to me.
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Don't forget you have probably put on a lot of muscle, after working out so much, and I bet your clothes are really loose! Don't forget it's more important to lose inches than pounds!! And how do you feel? Better than before losing the weight? I thought so!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

You might like to learn about "volumetrics" (there are a couple of books, or you can search this forum for the volumetrics thread). Basically you figure out how to eat more volume for less calories so that you feel more satisfied by your meals. Hope that helps. Welcome to the forum!
thesusanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #6  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

Thank you so much. I see that this site is going to help me. It already has. Just by reading your post I got off my butt last night and hit the gym from a good week and a half off. It felt great. Thank you.

Kofarg - yes I have gained alot of muscle as i have been working with a trainer. Thank you for the reminder. The close are fitting looser, except for the past week.

Thank you for all your guideness. I will check out the other forums for more help and guidence.
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote