Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Default New here sort of...

I joined here not too long ago but kept falling off plan and getting back on track. Recently I went to my doc and he gave me a 1200 calorie diet to stick to b/c I wasn't making good progress on my own. I was doing ok but had a surgery back in Nov., gained 10 more pounds, and my old calorie count didn't produce results anymore. I've been on this 1200 cal diet for almost a week and have finally started to see results.

I was heavy when I was younger, got into really good shape and then got injured in an accident and was overweight for a few years when I got pregnant. I had surgical birth and didn't bounce back well. I felt bad for almost 3 years and kept asking docs to figure it out when they finally figured out that I needed to have my gallbladder removed. I gained 10 more pounds after that surgery. I guess, either my metabolism suffered or having a gallbladder removed changed my digestion. Long story short, I feel *generally* healthy now and I hope that improves as I lose weight so I can feel even better.

I really like reading everyone's tips and seeing the success stories. It's very motivating! I am glad to be here and you guys will probably see me posting around. I am big into nutrition and health and am looking forward to learning more from everyone here so I can keep me and my family healthy. They are the loves of my life!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! I have been on and off these boards for a few years. Congratulations on the 7lb. loss! God Bless you with support.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #3  
On a mission AGAIN!!!!

S/C/G: 251/248.4/199

Height: 5"6

Hey..... Good luck!! you seem to be of to a great start!!
Michanaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad you found us, Chickie . . .

I know you've got to listen to your doctor, but . . . 1200 calories is really an extremely low starting point for someone at your weight and height. I think you'll find it awfully difficult to maintain over the longer term. Unless you have some medical problems that you didn't mention, I'd think you could lose quite well on about 1800 calories to start. If you start out at 1200, you'll have no where to drop to as you get smaller without jeopardizing your health. Perhaps you could discuss with your doctor the possibility that you see a dietician.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #5  
RIP Little Debbie!

S/C/G: 148/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back! I'm completely new here and I'm ready to get on track, myself. Good luck to you!
KrazyKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
. . . so glad you found us, Chickie . . .

I know you've got to listen to your doctor, but . . . 1200 calories is really an extremely low starting point for someone at your weight and height. I think you'll find it awfully difficult to maintain over the longer term. Unless you have some medical problems that you didn't mention, I'd think you could lose quite well on about 1800 calories to start. If you start out at 1200, you'll have no where to drop to as you get smaller without jeopardizing your health. Perhaps you could discuss with your doctor the possibility that you see a dietician.
Yes I was losing weight before my last surgery at 1750-1800 but after this last surgery I stopped losing. B/c I have a tendency to re-injure my doc wants me to watch my diet more and work out at my comfort level. I have arthritis (affects mostly my knees but other areas too) and have injured my neck and shoulder so we have to work around that stuff.

I am hoping to get started on losing weight and then add calories to the plan if I am losing too fast. I think I'll eventually end up at 1500-1750 for maintenance but hopefully then I will be less likely to injure. I want to at least get a good feel for how my loss will be before I increase calories. I have to say 1200 is pretty strict and I have yet to stay below that, mostly I end up between 1200-1300 a day.

Last edited by 4star; 06-20-2008 at 08:55 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote