Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #1  
Skinny Wannabe

S/C/G: 275/275/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello

This is my first time on the site, so I just thought I'd introduce myself.

Hi. My name is Stacey. I am...a fat chick.

*sigh* I knew deep down that this was the truth but refused to acknowledge it until I saw some pictures of myself from this previous Christmas. I almost wanted to cry a little bit. There it was. The tummy roll. The double chin. The cheeks that looked as if they'd been stuffed with Oreos, even though I'd only wished they were at the time.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and see if anyone feels like telling me how to get started. I've previously been on the "eat everything your eyes and/or nose can detect" diet. Yeah. Not going so well. I'm thinking I'm just going to try to limit myself to around 1,500 calories a day to start and see what happens, in addition to doing 30 minutes of exercise apart from my everyday activities.

I think I'm going to miss Mountain Dew most of all. Thank god Camel Lights don't have any calories.
barista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

It's always a picture, isn't it? Good luck, Stacey!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #3  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barista View Post

*sigh* I knew deep down that this was the truth but refused to acknowledge it until I saw some pictures of myself from this previous Christmas. I almost wanted to cry a little bit. There it was. The tummy roll. The double chin. The cheeks that looked as if they'd been stuffed with Oreos, even though I'd only wished they were at the time.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and see if anyone feels like telling me how to get started. I've previously been on the "eat everything your eyes and/or nose can detect" diet. Yeah. Not going so well. I'm thinking I'm just going to try to limit myself to around 1,500 calories a day to start and see what happens, in addition to doing 30 minutes of exercise apart from my everyday activities.

I think I'm going to miss Mountain Dew most of all. Thank god Camel Lights don't have any calories.

Hi Stacy,
I'm new here too. I can't stand to see pictures of myself! The only way that I know how to fix it is to start now! Not tomorrow after I have one last binge. It has to be now! Even if you stuffed yourself today. It has to be now and no looking back! I'm saying this to myself also...Only positive thoughts about what I can do.
Temptations and stumbles (if they occur) will be brought here. Where people know and care about the struggles. So. since I have a plan for any problems that come up...i am free to concentrate only on moving forward. Hope you will join me!
D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, Chickie, . . . so glad you found us . . . sounds like you are on the right track and you've come to a great place for support and encouragement . . . we are all in this together. "hug:
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  
Skinny Wannabe

Default Thanks!

Thanks guys. I'm going to need all the support I can get.

Good luck to all of us. And where can I get one of those nifty tracker thingies?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/285/1XX

Height: 6'3'

Hey Stacey and welcome to 3FC!
It looks as though you and I are in the same boat, I really need to find a good plan for myself and stick with it and start exercising every day. I would also like to throw in that, I can relate with the mountain dew! I'm so addicted :'( I actually used to drink about 1-2 two liters a day if not more... And thats usually because I could not afford more ;P

Anyhow good luck on reaching your goals I know we can do it!
Virjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #7  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by barista View Post

: Stacey
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/144/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi Stacey,
Welcome!!!!!
You can do it! We all can do it!! The time is now
I can't stand looking at photos of me either - I can really empathize.
You can get a weight tracker after you've been a member for 30 days! (Today is my 30th day and I'm waiting - hint, hint!!!!) It's kind of a nice goal to aspire to!
Good luck! You've definitely come to the right place. Everyone here is AWESOME!
chronicdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #9  
Skinny Wannabe

Thanks again and hi to everyone. I know we all can do it. It's just a matter of having willpower and a desire to lose that's greater than our desire to munch. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope we'll all be seeing a lot less of ourselves in the weeks and months to come.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 210/155/145

Height: 5'4"

Give up the camel lights too LOL they are not healthy & weight loss (IMHO) is about health
good luck !
thin nurse is offline   Reply With Quote