Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #1  
beckyjo46

Default Type II/Sugar addiction

I am 46 years old with TII Diabetes. I did good for about 3 months and lost 25 lbs. I am right back to my old habits and can't stop eating sweets. I feel totally out of control even though I know my health depends on my eating right. Anyone else in the same boat? I need to lose about 70 lbs.
beckyjo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there BECKYJO . . . . . . you've come to a great place for support and encouragement; so glad you found us.

I'm also a Type II diabetic and have been for about 20 years now. I spent about 15 years in the place where you are right now and didn't really get my act back together until the beginning of 2006 when I found myself with well over 100 pounds to lose and a staggering list of meds (including insulin). I've now lost almost 70 pounds and have managed to get rid of two meds completely and cut the others by quite a bit. So it can be done; but it is definitely not easy and it's definitely not fast.

Come on over and join us in the Diabetes Support Forum, Chickie . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203 . . . we understand exactly what you are facing and we're definitely here for you.

Hope you'll drop into our Sugar Shakers Forum also . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62 . . . where you will find lots of information about the low GI/GL food plans most recommended for good blood sugar control.

Hope to see you soon . . . you can do it . . . yes you can.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #3  
~Terri~

S/C/G: 232/180.5/140

Height: 5'1

Smile

BeckyJo!
I hope this place will help motivate you.
We all need motivation at times to get back on track.
I know I have needed all the motivation I can get at times.
Hang in there..
Terri
jtwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 210/155/145

Height: 5'4"

HI BeckyJO

Most diets plans should cater to Type 2 DM & be easy to follow

I did a meal replacement plan that satisfies my sweet tooth & worked for me

Good luck I wish you well!
thin nurse is offline   Reply With Quote